Lowe Stinger 175c

Jerry RobinsonOwners Club Public Profile

2:58PM in Boat CustomizationReputation: 0

I'll preface this by saying I am a complete NUG (new ugly guy) when it comes to bass boats so these might be dumb questions.

I recently purchased this Stinger 175c new and I'm considering adding bow mounted depth finder. Can anyone advise me on where I might grab power for this device? Do I have to split an existing power source? Should I run a line back to the battery? If so, how do i know which battery is the cranking battery vs the trolling motor battery.

And what about that accessory switch that's on the console? I get that it controls power to the accessories but, what accessories? Do I run a not/neutral line back to that switch?

Any guidance will be welcome.

2. Member
    If it has a trolling motor, you can pick up power from one of the hot leads. Ground to the ground in the trolling motor plug. Easy as can be.

3. Member
    Don't hook a graph to TM battery you will get interference. Run a dedicated wire to your cranking battery. be sure to put in a fuse.
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

Quote Originally Posted by joefish View Post
    Don't hook a graph to TM battery you will get interference. Run a dedicated wire to your cranking battery. be sure to put in a fuse.
    This is the correct answer.

5. Member
    Cranking battery normally connect multiple line from engine, dash panel wires. Trolling battery ( deep cycle) normally just one thick wire for trolling. I like to run the graph to crank directly with a 10ga wire, depends what unit u getting 12 Ga, 14ga, all pretty good. If u connect to dash , sometimes the graph will flash/blink when u start the engine.