Bluewater high output under rub rail?

I bought the high output uv blacklight kit. have a skeeter ZX 21
    I don't want to cut my rub rail, will these lights work if I mount them under the rub rail?

2. Member
    I went under the rub rail on my Nitro Z20 and love it. As long as you have a good flat surface for them to stick to I do not see a problem with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Thanks, I think I'm going to mock them up and see how they do.
    Appreciate the reply!

long as your boat cover doesn't draw up under rub rail.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

5. Member
    We installed a LED Blacklight strip (similar to the above) along the top side of the rub rail. Reason being - some opinions suggest a Blacklight could ‘spook’ fish at night (especially during new moon phases)...so below the rub rail is directly shining on the water surface...above the rub rail you still get the full use of the Blacklight for being able to see your line etc but it is at a slight upward angle and would have less potential to spook fish since it’s also shrouded by the rub rail.

6. Member
    Like the light question does the green light in middle light the bank up well or does a blue light so better

Quote Originally Posted by mtdrop View Post
    Like the light question does the green light in middle light the bank up well or does a blue light so better
    After years of night fishing under most all reasonable conditions, I have never seen a reason for anything except the black light. They will give off enough light to see docks, etc without having additional lighting. Most of the green lights I have seen were obnoxiously bright and just attracted more bugs than you already had with the black lights.

I think you will ot have any problems with this.