reel seat and eva removal

Guys I broke a 3 year old Diawa Tatula and want to disassemble it. I can remove the guides and hook keeper easily enough but Id like to here from you guys whether you think the eva grip and the reels seat could come off intact . What would the best method to at least give it a try, there's got to be tricks of the trade... Thanks for any suggestions.... Mychael

No way to get these off intact. The epoxy used makes a strong bond.

3. Member
    You won't be able to get the eva off in one piece, probably be able to get off the reel seat. Cut the blank just on either side of the seat and boil it for a bit. Leave enough blank to grab and twist it with a pair of pliers. If that doesn't work you can go at it with a dream reamer in a cordless drill...when you do that you're not trying to actually ream out the blank from inside the seat you're just using it to create friction and heat it up from inside. Usually works. Wear a leather glove. Good chance you'll also mess up the reamer so have some new sandpaper ready to wrap and epoxy on.

I "reclaim" parts from a lot of broken rods to use for repairs and budget builds, charity rods, gifts rods etc. I can get the reel seat off probably 75% of the time doing this. Given that a reel seat is $5-$6 it really only is worth it for the cool ones like on a Tatula.

4. Goby King
    Cut the seat off the rod, chuck it up in a lathe and bore out the blank.