Planning a trip to Caddo and maybe Lake O The Pines

My son and I were supposed to go to Canada on a trip to chase walleye and pike but its looking like the border is still not going to open so I am preparing in case I need to call an audible.

He really wants to fish Caddo since it is so different from all of the Oklahoma lakes we typically fish. Can yall give me any pointers or places to stay, good ramps to use, etc etc.

I noticed LOTP is really close too, should we hit that as well? We may just make an entire week of it. Let me know your thoughts guys and Ill take any info you care to share on the lakes or places to stay or eat, etc!

Thanks
    Danny

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    I would take time to fish both. For starters, Caddo is the only natural lake in the great State of Texas. It is very rustic and can produce good bass and pan fish.
    There are still a few fish camps there that rent cabins. Shady Glade, Crip's Camp, and Johnson Ranch come to mind. GPS is going to be your friend at Caddo. The lake has an average depth of about 3 1/2 Ft. Check the local reports, but it's worth the trip just to say you have been there!
    https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...yBsYWtlkgECIAE

Lake O' Pines is another awesome lake! You can trailer all the way up to the North end of 155 and just put the trolling motor down at the boat ramp and never get tired of fishing pads and vegetation. There is also a motel right there at the 155 bridge. The South end of the lake is fairly open and navigable. Each end is a little different but fish very well in the Summer. There is but one hotel on the South end.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...oCCCwYAJIBAiAB

None of the motels are 5 star by any means, but provide common amenities to have yourself a good fishing trip.

Bobby has gave you perfect info.

Caddo is a very cool lake. And a lot of History to it. Only lake I ever been on that has "road signs". Also the only time I ever caught a Chain Pickerel.
    Be sure and go down Government Ditch and Wangdoodle Pass!!

You need to watch the movie Southern Comfort, about the National Guard playing army, getting lost in the Swamp and having BIG trouble with the local Cajuns. It was filmed on Caddo Lake.
    Excellent movie.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"