Small size EWG hooks

Does any company make a 1/0 or 2/0 EWG worm hook that is not so thin wire you will flex it on 14lb line on hookset? Ive found that Berkley Fusion EWG hooks are ok. I prefer Trokar brand hooks mostly but the EWG's when you get down in those smaller sizes are just too thin wired. Im using them on smaller baits for example: smallie beavers, baby rodents, small size Flappin hogs, Z Craw Jr etc.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

What about Gamakatsu Superline EWG hooks? I use a lot of them in 2/0 and they are super strong. Your not straightening them out on hooksets. I like it on the Zoom Zhog Jr. It is exactly the right length.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    What about Gamakatsu Superline EWG hooks? I use a lot of them in 2/0 and they are super strong. Your not straightening them out on hooksets. I like it on the Zoom Zhog Jr. It is exactly the right length.
    Thank you sir ill look into them. The problem is Tackle Warehouse is taking 2 weeks to ship orders. Guess ill try bass pro
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Take a look at the Gamakatsu G-Lock hook (a 3/0...they are a lot smaller than a regular EWG) or the Owner EWG. They're identical size and shape, so again, a 3/0. I used either on 3.5" tubes and was very happy with them. Thicker wire, and Ginsu sharp.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

The Owner Rig N' Hook isn't a true EWG, but I like them a lot. They make a 1/0, 2/0, but I use the 3/0 most of the time. It fits a Smallie Beaver perfectly.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    take a look at the owner j hooks. an ewg hook, thicker gauge than standard gammy ewg. strong hook creates a slightly faster sink weight on weightless plastics. also, has cutting point tips which is a plus in my opinion- not all owners have the cutting point.

7. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    For the 1/0 and 2/0 I use the BPS or Academy branded hooks. No idea who makes them but they are a good hook with much thicker wire than the Gammys or Owners.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

The Gamakatsu G-Finesse hybrid worm hook is another to look at. They're spendy, but the wire they use in the G-Finesse series is thinner than a Superline and seems to be just as strong, and the points on those hooks are insanely sharp and last longer than standard hooks. It's made from 1/0 through 8/0. I use them in a 2/0 for Texas rigging and flipping Z-Craw Jrs and similar sized baits.

The shape is also an improvement over the classic EWG, in my opinion. It has the same general design which I think is very useful for keeping fish pinned, but the hook point isn't aimed straight at the hook eye which improves hookup percentages over the classic EWG.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Does anybody know what hook sizes actually mean, anymore? We see traditional sizes, but also claims for "wider gap" and "longer shank", which subverts the size designations until they mean absolutely nothing! If you can't look at these in the store, how are you to know what size to order online? It's time for change!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

10. Member
    I got a bulk pack on ebay. .. Cheap and fast. 2/0 owner wide gap plus hooks. Great hooks you can use for anything.