Call From Express Script’s Unable To Fill Script In Timely Manner

This is a first in 20 yrs of retirement ... I received a call from a Express Scripts saying they were unable to fill my prescription in a timely manner & to contact my doctor to have them call my local pharmacy for a short term fill ... did that. 3 days later I go to pick it up only to be told that Express Script shows that I’m due for mailed script in Aug & it’s too early to receive anything. Pharmacy Tech said that scripts called in from doctor revert right back to Express Script per records. Tech said in case this happens again make sure you tell pharmacy to override Express Script & meds will be issued. This is just a maintenance BP med & nothing more ... Tech said come back later to get meds - it’ll be ready.

No idea why original script couldn’t be filled on time but I’ve got my suspicions. Whole nuther subject.

Stay well & safe - my Bass sure as hell are observing social distancing.

2. Member
    I quit using Express Script's because of this issue and them continually raising prices. I was contatntly having to contact my doc and have them transfer the prescription to Wal-Mart because they were not able to fill the prescritpion. I didn't realize it until I transfered a couple of scripts to Wal-Mart but while somes meds cost the same, Express Script's were double the price in some cases.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishahaulic View Post
    I quit using Express Script's because of this issue and them continually raising prices. I was contatntly having to contact my doc and have them transfer the prescription to Wal-Mart because they were not able to fill the prescritpion. I didn't realize it until I transfered a couple of scripts to Wal-Mart but while somes meds cost the same, Express Script's were double the price in some cases.
    My scripts have raised from $7 to $10 each. $3 increase wasn’t a deal breaker for me.

We just transferred all of my wife's prescriptions away from Express Scripts and now have them at the local pharmacy. My wife's physician called in her prescription for her B12 shots recently and Express Scripts didn't have any generic syringes and needles so they sent her 6 name brand ones for $58!!!! She refuses to pay the bill and Express Script refuses to let her return them even though they are unopened and still in the shipping packaging. The local pharmacy, Walgreens, sells them for $1 a piece. That's one heck of a mark up!!!! We will not be using them any longer for anything!

I work on post so we still get ours filled at the local post pharmacy. Figured I'm going there anyway.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

6. Member
    All this surprises me. We have never had a problem with Express scripts.

7. Member
    My experience with ES is a mixed bag. They mostly get things right, but when something goes sideways they seem unable to provide any meaningful assistance. The prices they offer seem to be rising pretty frequently to the point where I can get my BP medicine at 50% the cost of ES by using GoodRX.