Finally Broke 90!

Took 12 years off, and started playing again in Sept 2018. Other than my first round back, I've been able to keep it in the low to mid 90's. I was always under 90 back before my break up with golf, and if you told me it would take almost 2 years to get back below 90 I would have laughed in your face, but here we are! Shot a 40 on the front with a 4 putt double on 1 (Thought it was going to be rough day after that). Back nine wasn't as clean, but I started out par, par. I pared 17, going into 18 +10, so I knew I was going to do it finally, unless I had a Tin Cup moment.

As soon as we got to 17 tee the sky got real dark, the wind picked up, and a rumble of thunder or two. I thought just let me get 18 in, please! By the time we got to the 18th tee (short par 4 300 yards with an island green) the wind is blowing 30+ MPH straight into my face across the lake. I hit a 5w which normally leaves me about 15 yards in front of the lake, with about 80 yards left. But with the wind, it knocked it down 10 yards short of the 150 marker. By the time I got to my ball, the wind was blowing 40+ and now I've got 160 yards to the green. Under normal conditions that would be an 8i, but I knew that wouldn't happen, I grabbed my 6i, and put it back for the 5i. I tried to hit it low, but I didn't make great contact and the wind caught it and put it down in the lake! Went to the drop zone, hit a wedge onto the green had about 40' putt to finish out. I hit a great lag putt that was about to stop within 2' of the hole, when a huge gust of wind blows it another 12' past the hole. I'm thinking WTF can you just let me have my moment already. I ended up 4 putting to finish with an 86!

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Congrats on the 86!
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

3. Member
    Thank goodness you only 4 putted
    Sounds like you are back on track to stay in the 80s.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Thank goodness you only 4 putted
    Sounds like you are back on track to stay in the 80s.
    Gotta even out the 9's start with a 4 putt, gotta end with it too! lol.

5. Member
    Congrats on breaking 90. In those conditions I'm sure my score would be in the low 100s.

6. Member
    Nice job! I typically shoot in the 80s but after this year I'm probably going to be in the 90s. Haven't even played a round yet.

7. Member
    Congrats.....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Congrats on breaking 90. In those conditions I'm sure my score would be in the low 100s.
    It was only like that on 17 and 18. The rest of the day was beautiful. If it was like that all day, I either 1, wouldn't have played, or 2 shot in the 100's.

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Congrats!

I can't consistently get into the 80's, just do it once or twice a year. Last two times out I was over 100, granted one time was on a course I had never played. I just blow up on 2-5 holes most of the time.

Now my knee is jacked up, from playing golf mostly, and I'm not going to get to play for a month or more. Probably shoot about 87 when I first play, because I'll just play everything safe and easy swing.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

11. Member
    Have you tried taping your knee?
    Saw a gal who taped to protect her knee.
    My buddy had a conversation with her and suggested some Utube video’s on how to tape with Rock Tape (I believe he said that).
    Anyway he taped both sides of left knee for twenty years he said.
    Hope you get better.