2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche Tandem - Brakes Disconnected

The previous owner of our boat completely disconnected the brake system on our Ranger Trail tandem trailer. The hoses and wiring looks to also be in bad shape as it looks like this has been done for a while. I want to have the brake system completely rebuilt from the detachable tongue parts to new rotors to the wiring harness etc. If there’s anyone on here knowledgeable enough to list all the parts I’d need to have this done please list them. I’m a real novice when it comes to tandem trailers as this is my first and I want to have the brakes in good working order. Thanks.

2. Member
    I towed a buddies 520 and he didnt tell me brakes didnt work till we were on the road. Fried my 1/2 tons brakes

3. Member
    I would just love to know what I’m looking at in $$$ to rebuild the brake system from the ground up with all new parts. And I don’t have the time or mechanical knowledge to do this job in its entirety, so I’ll have to pay a shop to do it. If there’s anyone on here whose experienced the same thing and got rebuilt their braking system from ground up please share some info on the matter. Thanks.

4. Member
    I want to have the brake system completely rebuilt from the detachable tongue parts to new rotors to the wiring harness etc.
    And I don’t have the time or mechanical knowledge to do this job in its entirety, so I’ll have to pay a shop to do it.

$1500.00- $2000.00 with labor.

The shop of choice will quote a price and what brand(s) they use.

Most shops will high ball installation if you supply the parts.

5. Member
    Thanks Mike.

6. Member
    May be a little cheaper in your neck of the woods.

We are higher on the shop labor up this way.

Good Luck