Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Non-Braided Rod Sleeves?

Looking for rod sleeves. Not the braided mesh kind. Looking for those similar to the ones that used to come with a G Loomis NRX rod. Lightweight fabric with drawstring. Thanks!

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

2. Member

3. Member
    Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah those are spendy that's for sure

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

4. Member
    Looks like TW has some options that aren't mesh, like the Rod Glove Pro Series

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Rod_...ODSLEEVES.html

5. Member
    The Falcon rod socks are a cloth type that are not as costly as rod warrior but a good option.

I found some made out of thin nylon for ice fishing rods. I've been keeping an eye out for something like those in a full size option at a reasonable price, so I'll be following this one!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Member
    The Megabass orochi xx rods come with a zippered sleeve. Might ask in the wtb if anyone has some laying around that they don't use. I've seen them on ebay relatively cheap as well.

So I went searching today, and found a couple options under/around $5 a piece, though they appear to be made for spinning rods so may fit casting rods a little "baggy."

These ones on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fish-Tangl.../dp/B0815XD892

These Scheels branded ones: https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-ou...SABEgJyTPD_BwE

I think I'll bite the bullet on the Amazon ones. Free return if they show up and they're no good, and a 6 pack for $24 is a pretty good deal.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Just ordered several of these today. Hope they live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    So I went searching today, and found a couple options under/around $5 a piece, though they appear to be made for spinning rods so may fit casting rods a little "baggy."

These ones on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fish-Tangl.../dp/B0815XD892

These Scheels branded ones: https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-ou...SABEgJyTPD_BwE

I think I'll bite the bullet on the Amazon ones. Free return if they show up and they're no good, and a 6 pack for $24 is a pretty good deal.
    I wanted to come back to update on these. The "Dr. Fish" ones from Amazon showed up, and I'm actually pretty impressed. The diameter is probably a little bigger than you'd want on a casting rod if you had your choice, but being thin nylon it compresses well and isn't an issue, plus it does work well for spinning rods. They're long enough to cover up guides on rods up to 7'6" pretty easily, and the strap that goes around the reel is really high quality for what they cost - it's probably 3/4" wide elastic with a nice locking slide for easy adjustment. Being nylon it still can get snagged by hooks, but it snags much less easily than the mesh ones. The logo is as cheesy as it looks on the photo on Amazon, but I personally couldn't care less about that.

I'd buy them again.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I wanted to come back to update on these. The "Dr. Fish" ones from Amazon showed up, and I'm actually pretty impressed. The diameter is probably a little bigger than you'd want on a casting rod if you had your choice, but being thin nylon it compresses well and isn't an issue, plus it does work well for spinning rods. They're long enough to cover up guides on rods up to 7'6" pretty easily, and the strap that goes around the reel is really high quality for what they cost - it's probably 3/4" wide elastic with a nice locking slide for easy adjustment. Being nylon it still can get snagged by hooks, but it snags much less easily than the mesh ones. The logo is as cheesy as it looks on the photo on Amazon, but I personally couldn't care less about that.

I'd buy them again.
    I just got mine in as well and agree to all of your points. Its a very good value product.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

12. Member
    6th sense has some nice rod socks. Made of neoprene I think. Hooks won't get snagged on them I have a bunch and really like them.

Ordered from Rod Warrior a week ago and have gotten nothing but an order confirmation. He must be building to order.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDance View Post
    6th sense has some nice rod socks. Made of neoprene I think. Hooks won't get snagged on them I have a bunch and really like them.
    Just be careful with these as they are very short. Lot's of reviews on TW about them being too short for 7 ft rods so I avoided.

15. Member
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned them, but the Falcon rod socks are a little bit heavier than the Loomis ones, but I really like them. They have them on TW

I have several Rod Warrior sleeves and just ordered a few more. Yes, they are made to order, and I have been very pleased with their performance.

I previously tried the Rod Glove Pro sleeves and they are too thick for my taste.
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

Lindy Rod socks are thin rip stop nylon
    https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/lin.../0000000206114

Rod Warrior isn't doing well.

Going on 3 weeks
    ..... no more communications other than the order confirmation.

I can deal with the wait, but combine that with the total lack of communication and I'm not pleased. Will not recommend in the future.

If something doesn't happen soon I'll be asking for a refund ...........

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    The Falcon rod socks are a cloth type that are not as costly as rod warrior but a good option.
    I'm a fan of the Falcon rod sleeves, but have some Lindy's also. The Lindy's come in two lengths, while the Falcon's have an adjustable length at the tip with Velcro. Either I haven't figured out how to operate the Velcro, or it's not made correctly, because it mostly just sticks to the carpet inside the rod locker. The RIGHT thing about them is the material is quite heavy nylon fabric, while the Lindy is much lighter. Both are ok, and neither is particularly easy to obtain.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Finally got my Rod Warrior rod sleeves. Took almost 8 weeks to get them though. The product is great, but I can't see having to wait that long for them. Anyway ..... I'm pleased with the product for the cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast