Lake Griffin fishing report

Hey guys,

Just wrapped up a 4 day trip to the chain. Fished Tuesday to Friday mostly on Griffin, but also hit Eustis and Yale. Here's a report for you guys looking to get out there.

- fishing was a grind but they were biting when you found them. Man was it HOT! First two days were as hot as I can remember fishing down there but I think it was partly due to no breeze whatsoever. Tues and Wednesday the lake was glass all day. I thought the water level would be up due to all the rain but it looked about the same as any other time ive fished there.

Another thing different about this trip is I didn't catch a single fish on a frog or flipping. They just didn't seem to be shallow. All my fish came in 5+ feet of water and deeper, either in offshore grass or brush piles.

Bass just weren't very aggressive. Water temp was mid 80's. I caught several on a jackhammer basically just slow rolling it thru grass. Rest of fish came on plastics, either a drop shot or shakey head. Biggest of the trip was 6.5 caught on a 4inch Roboworm Anyways, had a good time as usual.

Big fish:

Screenshot_20200611-102031_WhatsApp.jpg

2. Member
    Great report! Thank you. I have yet to make it over to Griffin.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

3. Member
    Sounds like a fun trip!

Glad you missed the breezy Monday...water was definitely not glass on the south end of Harris or Eustis when I was out.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Glad you caught some fish! Sunday was tough in Harris! Our club didn’t exactly blow the out of the water and the other tourney that was there had a tough day too. That “front” that came through Saturday really shut them down.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip!

Glad you missed the breezy Monday...water was definitely not glass on the south end of Harris or Eustis when I was out.
    Yeah I was told a "dry front" had come in the day before on monday. Missed that but got to experience the next 48 hours of extreme high pressure afterwards