Thread: Do You Suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do You Suppose

Charger will ever upgrade their 596 with a better console between the seats, better helm for bigger graph, drink and tool holders that are cut into the fiberglass?

It's a great hull, just need to update the topcap and get out of the 1990's...

I got a feeling they've put everything into the Champ line and probably not going to do anything to the 496-596 line.

You just hush now and don't give them any ideas!

While I truly REALLY like our 210 elite; if they update the 496/596 it would be real hard not to be boat shopping again.
    Charger 210 Elite

I'm probably going to buy a new one in the next couple of years and would definitely get another 596 if they would just add a few bells and whistles. I have some great ideas for them.

It was pretty smart going with the Champ line, a lot of those customers out there. But I'm a Charger guy, not a Champ guy, how about some upgrades for us Charger guys.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    You would think it would be easier than redoing an entire boat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    It was pretty smart going with the Champ line, a lot of those customers out there. But I'm a Charger guy, not a Champ guy, how about some upgrades for us Charger guys.

7. Member
    This is why I went with a 210 over a 496. They need to upgrade everything you mentioned Stomp but I just don’t see it happening unless Charger sees the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    This is why I went with a 210 over a 496. They need to upgrade everything you mentioned Stomp but I just don’t see it happening unless Charger sees the demand.
    Well there'd probably be a demand if they did it. I think some folks look past them because of the old caps.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It’s a good thing car companies don’t think like charger as we would all be driving around on a pinto

10. Banned
    They add a short hull and the 223 hull to the Elite line the Charger line is done without a upgraded cap. Their might be a few die hard that would still buy them but not many. But hey if your sales on Elites are faster than you can build them would you care?

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    They add a short hull and the 223 hull to the Elite line the Charger line is done without a upgraded cap. Their might be a few die hard that would still buy them but not many. But hey if your sales on Elites are faster than you can build them would you care?
    Hey I get it, all about the bottom line, I was just supposing. I doubt they will change the top cap, but I sure wish they would. Champ has a great hull too, but I'm not a Champ guy. I guess if they don't do anything to the top cap of the 496/596 when I'm ready to buy I'll just have to look at other brands. I have owned a Charger since 1992 and this next boat will probably be my last, sure hate that it might not be a Charger.

I guarantee they would sell more 496/596 boats if they would. I've talked to too many folks that feel the same way I do. I've also had many folks in my boat that really, really liked it...but didn't like the fact it didn't have the modern upgrades to the cap.

They have to be making good money on the Champ line or it wouldn't be expanding. Hey Mr. Dorris, help out your diehards and spend a little of that on us.

Just my selfish wish I reckon.
    Last edited by Stompy; 06-15-2020 at 12:23 PM.

12. Banned
    Oh I get it. Sold my last boat a couple years ago and life has been kicking me in the shins until recently. Finally got some money saved up, paid off most of my debt, and watched my credit score skyrocket. I was going to buy a boat this month and decided to wait for now. I'm with you not a Champion guy I ha e owned one nice boat but not a Charger. From simple price point looks like I'm either going with a package Skeeter or a Basscat. Far as I can tell those two give you the most boat for the money. Well nitro probably does but the woman hates how the seats set up so high she said a flat NO.

13. Member
    Hey I get it, all about the bottom line, I was just supposing. I doubt they will change the top cap, but I sure wish they would. Champ has a great hull too, but I'm not a Champ guy. I guess if they don't do anything to the top cap of the 496/596 when I'm ready to buy I'll just have to look at other brands. I have owned a Charger since 1992 and this next boat will probably be my last, sure hate that it might not be a Charger.

I guarantee they would sell more 496/596 boats if they would. I've talked to too many folks that feel the same way I do. I've also had many folks in my boat that really, really liked it...but didn't like the fact it didn't have the modern upgrades to the cap.

They have to be making good money on the Champ line or it wouldn't be expanding. Hey Mr. Dorris, help out your diehards and spend a little of that on us.

Just my selfish wish I reckon.
    I agree with you 100%. I sure wish they would show the 496/596 some love with some updates.
    2014 Charger 496 / Merc 250 Pro XS

I have talked to Joe several times about this, it's like it goes in one ear picks up speed and out the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    I have talked to Joe several times about this, it's like it goes in one ear picks up speed and out the other.
    Tell him there's a movement brewing...Did he give you a reason?

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Tell him there's a movement brewing...
    You gotta be careful using words like that these days ...

17. Banned
    You mean something like "Chargers lives Matter"?

Tell him there's a movement brewing...Did he give you a reason?
    not really, the last time I brought it up he said he would think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    not really, the last time I brought it up he said he would think about it.
    Please keep on him about it.

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    You mean something like "Chargers lives Matter"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast