Thread: Do You Suppose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Truthfully I don’t think they have the man power to get it done in time before most of us die.The 203 is next and than another champ model so it may be years before we see anything new on the charger line.And by that time the 210 will be a old design like the 6 series.It just may never end

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Please keep on him about it.
    At the time stompy I was thinking about buying a new one, not so much now.

3. Banned
    Put a offer on a new house last night figure about 30 days for that to go through than a new boat for me.

4. Member
    I believe the Charger line will be extinct in a few years with only Charger Elites left. It's too bad. From my experience in both I feel like the Charger hull rides better. It would be nice to see some upgraded caps.

5. Member
    I’m with you. I’ll buy the first one. I’ve looked hard for what I need and the 596 is about perfect with a few console / cockpit mods. It wouldn’t take much.

Anyone ever have any issues with bow hooking on the 496 or 596? Seen some reports on the shorter models doing this but never heard it mentioned on the 596. Wondering if there is a reason they don’t want to push sales of this hull.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Never heard of a 596 bow hooking as it’s always been the shorter models with high engine heights.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Never heard of a 596 bow hooking as it’s always been the shorter models with high engine heights.
    Thanks

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    One thing I didnt like about my 210, Had to mount the 12 inch graph on a mount over top of the dash!! No reason in todays boat should a 12 inch unit not fit in the dash.

9. Banned
    Ran a 186 for 15 years never even thought about it bow hooking never even heard of a Charger doing it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Ran a 186 for 15 years never even thought about it bow hooking never even heard of a Charger doing it.
    Same here Jarhead. There is no doubt that the deep V of a Charger can bite, but i really feel like most cases are driver error. I know of one guy that bow hooked his 496, but he had his hydraulic jack plate to the moon, running balls out, in very rough water and caught another boat wake. Any brand would bow hook if your driving like an a$$hat in those conditions. I am on my 3rd Charger over 23 plus years and have NEVER had one hook!

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 797 will definitely not bow hook

12. Banned
    I'm not sure how much they changed the Elite hull but I know the 18 SuperV Champ I owned would hook easily. Ran it up past 3/4 trim you dam sure had to trim it back down before letting off the gas or it went right very hard. Almost lost it a couple of times till I figured out what was going on. Thought it was just my boat or setup till I talked to a few other Champ owners that had the same issue.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'm not sure how much they changed the Elite hull but I know the 18 SuperV Champ I owned would hook easily. Ran it up past 3/4 trim you dam sure had to trim it back down before letting off the gas or it went right very hard. Almost lost it a couple of times till I figured out what was going on. Thought it was just my boat or setup till I talked to a few other Champ owners that had the same issue.
    I don't know that they changed it at all. I've not had any issue with mine trying to hook.

14. Banned
    If your hammered down, trimmed out, and cut the throttle without trimming down first it dosen't hook a right when it comes off the pad? Mine would try to go almost around if you didn't compensate for it till I learned to trim down first.

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Nope, it'll want to porpoise a bit if I don't trim down.

16. Member
    If your hammered down, trimmed out, and cut the throttle without trimming down first it dosen't hook a right when it comes off the pad? Mine would try to go almost around if you didn't compensate for it till I learned to trim down first.
    My 203 will do this. I did it once, never again. I just assumed that trimming down while easing off the throttle was "good" bass boat driving as opposed to cutting the throttle at 65+.

17. Banned
    Oh it is but as we all know chit happens.

UPDATE THE 596 TOP CAP!!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    UPDATE THE 596 TOP CAP!!!!!!!!!
    I have to agree... I like the charger hulls, but no way I would buy one with the top cap looking like they do... straight outta the 80's. Also, someone please build them a modern website

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

20. Member
    Any deep v hull, or semi deep v will hook if driver error is bad enough...cmon guys...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast