Thread: Lack of grass

Lack of grass

Anyone else notice the lack of vegetation this year? Ive fished 5 different bodies of water and all of them have little to no grass. I was at canadarago last night and There was just a few lily pads up on the west end and the South Bay has about half of the pads it usually does. There’s no string grass or millfoil at all either and even the sunken island was pretty much barren. Usually by this time Of the year there’s grass everywhere in almost every lake, seems like it’s just not a good year for weed growth.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    id agree Onondaga and oneida are the same has some grass but not the normal amount for this time of year.. hope it catches up ..

3. Member
    I was at Conesus on Friday...looks like the surface on the moon.

4. Member
    If you want grass, go the Otisco. It never died off this winter and the north end was topped out weeks ago. However in years past I've seen the grass start coming up in the next week or two on Onondaga, Oneida started coming in this past week pretty good

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    was on onondaga yesterday jumped up alot in 5 days, guess it would w 78 degree surface temps lol

6. Member
    Good to hear haha we have a club tournament on cross next weekend and never fished cross so I was hoping the weeds would be up by then to help the learning curve. Worst comes to worst I’ll flip the river
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Can you guy lock...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360