1994 115hp 2 Stroke Merc - Cracked Tilt Cylinder

Hello everyone,

My newly aquired Ranger R70 sport has a 1994 Merc 115 2 Stroke with a cracked Tilt / Trim Cylinder. I ordered a replacement set of gaskets for the piston / arm, as well as a new cylinder in itself. There is very little information online about how to replace the cylinder itself, most forums / videos are centered around the trim motor. I did also buy a spanner wrench because from what little information I could find I will need one to open up the top of the cylinder and remove the "piston". Can anyone give me some advice or lead me to resource that might help me work through this? Pictures are attached for reference. I will update this post after I attempt to replace (on Tuesday).

Motor Model Number: 1115412PD

Replacement Cylinder Purchased (Part Number): 8M0055015

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Motor Diagram 115hp 94 Merc.jpg This is the diagram I am working from (via Perfprotech . com) Part #5 is cracked (as seen in the attachment above) I also ordered new gaskets on the chance they are damaged as well.

3. Member
    oem serv manual
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................