2180 CC questions

Been looking at this rig for a bit now, just have not seen one in person yet or visited a dealer. Have an older Ranger that I am planning on keeping. I like the layout better than most bass boats, for family use 2 kids and 2 adults.
    1) is the hull design the same as AVX2080 but just a foot longer?
    2) planning on using it Bass fish quite a bit, will it fish similar to the 2080 with trolling motor down.
    3) still like the speed of the bass boats, can this be special ordered with a 250 hp rating? After all it is almost 21’ and a wide beam.

thank you in advance

2. Member
    no to all three. completely different boat.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Been looking at this rig for a bit now, just have not seen one in person yet or visited a dealer. Have an older Ranger that I am planning on keeping. I like the layout better than most bass boats, for family use 2 kids and 2 adults.
    Similar, but not identical, the weight is moved further forward so the hull is built to compensate for that (BTW: only 9" longer than a AVX2080)

2) planning on using it Bass fish quite a bit, will it fish similar to the 2080 with trolling motor down.
    the front deck is a lot smaller, it is fish-able like a traditional bass boat. but you will notice the smaller deck.

3) still like the speed of the bass boats, can this be special ordered with a 250 hp rating? After all it is almost 21’ and a wide beam.
    The boat is rated at 200HP - the manufacturer will not install a engine larger than 200HP

thank you in advance

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Similar, but not identical, the weight is moved further forward so the hull is built to compensate for that (BTW: only 9" longer than a AVX2080)

the front deck is a lot smaller, it is fish-able like a traditional bass boat. but you will notice the smaller deck.

The boat is rated at 200HP - the manufacturer will not install a engine larger than 200HP

thank you in advance
    Thank you, may need to look and test ride one. Anyone that has one please chime in

5. Member
    Replied to your question in the photo thread, but it would be better suited here. I will address my personal experiences with questions 2 and 3.

2) I primarily bass fish, and the deck is plenty big enough for multiple adults to be up front flipping, drop shotting, etc. I am part of a family of 5, and my entire family is super comfortable in this boat. One note on the trolling motor, I went with a 36v 112 freshwater terrova with the 60" shaft, and I will most likely have the shaft cut down a bit (gets in the way when fishing skinny). If you fish deeper water, this won't be an issue.

3) I have the 200 Mercury Pro XS and I saw 57 yesterday completely loaded, full tank, and two adults. I don't want to speculate because I have never ran it without someone else in the boat yet, but I am thinking 62 ish would be topped out alone.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielO337 View Post
    Replied to your question in the photo thread, but it would be better suited here. I will address my personal experiences with questions 2 and 3.

2) I primarily bass fish, and the deck is plenty big enough for multiple adults to be up front flipping, drop shotting, etc. I am part of a family of 5, and my entire family is super comfortable in this boat. One note on the trolling motor, I went with a 36v 112 freshwater terrova with the 60" shaft, and I will most likely have the shaft cut down a bit (gets in the way when fishing skinny). If you fish deeper water, this won't be an issue.

3) I have the 200 Mercury Pro XS and I saw 57 yesterday completely loaded, full tank, and two adults. I don't want to speculate because I have never ran it without someone else in the boat yet, but I am thinking 62 ish would be topped out alone.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
    thank you so much!!! Your style sound similar to me, I have 4 in our family but the wife does not like to be crowded. We have Ranger 372 and she is crowded in it with all of us. Planning on handing down the Ranger when my boy gets old enough, still in mint condition. So we would have 2 to choose from...

one more question, do you fish lakes with stumps? We have a few around here and the Ranger slides off ok and look like this boat would by the design of the hull.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    thank you so much!!! Your style sound similar to me, I have 4 in our family but the wife does not like to be crowded. We have Ranger 372 and she is crowded in it with all of us. Planning on handing down the Ranger when my boy gets old enough, still in mint condition. So we would have 2 to choose from...

one more question, do you fish lakes with stumps? We have a few around here and the Ranger slides off ok and look like this boat would by the design of the hull.
    No problem at all, happy to help. Yessir I fish water bodies that are loaded with stumps, but believe it or not, I have yet to bump a stump. I can almost guarantee it will do just fine sliding off.

8. Member
    I have a 1980cc, used primarily for bass fishing. Love the layout for that use. Can easily fish 4 adult out of mine. Only disadvantage is that it's hard to acces the front-most compartment. It was clearly designed with a hand throttle trolling motor in mind. The foot pedal blocks access, but its workable.