Who knows something about black hawk lake?

I have never seen or fished it. I heard it is a great fishery for lots of different species. Do any of you guy know anything about it? I looked on my Navionics app on my phone seems shallow. Seen a dnr fishing Survey on YouTube looks like some nice Walleye. Any advice I would appreciate. I would be trying for bass. Curious how busy it is as far as recreational boating on the weekend too?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I have never seen or fished it. I heard it is a great fishery for lots of different species. Do any of you guy know anything about it? I looked on my Navionics app on my phone seems shallow. Seen a dnr fishing Survey on YouTube looks like some nice Walleye. Any advice I would appreciate. I would be trying for bass. Curious how busy it is as far as recreational boating on the weekend too?
    It is very shallow and gets extremely grassy throughout the entire lake once it starts to warm up. It also gets pounded with recreational boats on weekends and I imagine so on weekdays. I was out there on the 4th of July weekend once. Never again.

Go up to the area with the idea to explore and you will have some fun. There are a view other bodies of water right around it to explore as well.

3. Member
    Cool thank you for responding. I will put it on my list of lakes to check out. Maybe early fall once the water cools down and the pleasure boating slows a bit. Seems people don’t like water temperatures below 80°.. when I was younger we went tubing at Lake icara on memorial Day wt temp in the upper 60’s it was nasty cold I’ll never forget that. Never do it again either..Lol.