Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I got my adapter and checked the fuel pressure. Running 41-42 psi, 15 seconds same, 30 seconds 41, 60 seconds still over 40. My manual says 38-42. Took 1.5 minutes to come down to 40psi which is where I stopped. So pressure doesn't seem to be the issue. It will idle fine but only if I throttle up slightly. Either way I think I'm about ready for a water trial. I need to get the fuel tank reinstalled first and get some Quickleen for the fill up.

2. Member
    Changed the gap to .040" and it does idle down much better.

3. Member
    Did you get her fixed?

4. Member
    Yes she is running. I have a couple of things I want to do under the dash before I put the fuel tank back. It's surprisingly open right now and I don't have to stand on my head to get to it! Water checks this week to verify.

5. Member
    So had her running great in the tank. Took her out and she would starve. Turned out when I put the fuel line back on the tank I bunched up the liner. Corrected that on the water. She works great, but definately time for new fuel line. Now for more on the dash and wiring.

6. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    So dash and wiring..... I am ripping all of the dang stuff out and starting over. I have so many burnt grounds it isn't funny. I have a hypothesis what happened though. All the wire is marginal in my estimation from the factory. Add in multiple add ins and some past shady wiring prior to me owning the boat. Decided to check all the switches. 3 of 4 showed some level of resistance which leads me to believe arcing is causing a higher amp draw than normal. Couple that with potentially bad corroded circuit breakers. None of the breakers were tripped. Haven't tested them yet. Going to start with known good switches. and new wire for critical circuits only. Past that I'll check the live well and accessory side. I have a sneaking suspicion all of my engine issues were really electrical, just not at the engine.

8. Member
    aint it fun
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    It's a pain. But when I'm done I'll KNOW exactly what I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12