Banned

Brookville Walleye/Stripers

My dad and a buddy of his are taking a trip to Brookville going after walleye and striper at the end of the Month.. anyone have any thoughts on baits/what to throw or a guide in the area? Thanks!

2. Member
    Tag Nobbe guides for walleye.
    No clue on stripers.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I don't really know about stripers, I've not heard nor read about anyone catching any. I'm sure they are in there still, but not in big numbers. Right now walleye are being caught on the flats mostly or somewhere on the drops off of the flats. I've not fished for them my self this year as bass fishing has been pretty good so far. I know a lot of guys use a walleye jig of some type, tipped with a half night crawler, you can just cast out and bring it back like when fishing a Texas rigged worm for bass. Guys that are trolling use various crank baits made for walleye. I've seen several using planer boards to spread out their lures behind the boat. (Those guys can be a real pain when your bass fishing)The lake's muskie population has been on the up swing. Not of the exact techniques they use, but I'd guess big baits of some type.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    Tag Nobbe guides for walleye.
    No clue on stripers.
    Thanks for the info on the guide

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I don't really know about stripers, I've not heard nor read about anyone catching any. I'm sure they are in there still, but not in big numbers. Right now walleye are being caught on the flats mostly or somewhere on the drops off of the flats. I've not fished for them my self this year as bass fishing has been pretty good so far. I know a lot of guys use a walleye jig of some type, tipped with a half night crawler, you can just cast out and bring it back like when fishing a Texas rigged worm for bass. Guys that are trolling use various crank baits made for walleye. I've seen several using planer boards to spread out their lures behind the boat. (Those guys can be a real pain when your bass fishing)The lake's muskie population has been on the up swing. Not of the exact techniques they use, but I'd guess big baits of some type.
    Thanks for the info on the walleyes, if my dad had his choice, he'd rather catch those than stripers. That info on the flats/drops off flats helps out immensely.
    Thanks Bill

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    By the way Brad...I've been out with Tag Nobbe. He is very knowledgeable concerning Brookville Lake. He specializes in walleye and used to do stripers too. He either owns or operates a convenience store/bait and tackle shop on the south end of the town of Brookville, called 52 Pick Up.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    By the way Brad...I've been out with Tag Nobbe. He is very knowledgeable concerning Brookville Lake. He specializes in walleye and used to do stripers too. He either owns or operates a convenience store/bait and tackle shop on the south end of the town of Brookville, called 52 Pick Up.
    Found his website after seeing the reply from rude.. He is co-owner of that 52 Pick Up..

Passed that along to my dad, see what he wants to do with it. Makes sense to me to spend the money with Tag for one day, you can use that knowledge for the rest of the trip and future trips.

Thanks again Bill

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    No problem Brad. Tag has a big Lund, so there is plenty of room to fish out of. I agree, if your Dad is going to spend several days down there and hasn't fished it, he should hook up with Tag if he can. As I said earlier, I've not walleye fished this year yet, but the spots I usually catch them from are some of the same spots Tag took us to, maybe 25 years ago!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

9. Member
    If he goes, let us know how the trip went..
    Last edited by BackLash625; 06-16-2020 at 10:20 AM.