Sho kinda sputtering/flattening out at wide open throttle

I have a new sho and breaking in . Has 6 hours on it now and I noticed when pushing wot it does not fully go, it feels like it’s choking out . When I hammer it to get hole shot is fine but just when I hit that 50-60mph it does t want to go. When I first started going wot it hit 78 in no time now it’s doing this. Checked oil and looks milky

2. Member
    Pull your cowling and check to make sure the throttle cable didn’t come loose and is opening up all the way. Also check the cable at the hot foot.

Edit: If the cables are good, also check the oil level. While breaking it in until the rings seat you may make oil. Keep the oil level in the middle of the the high and low mark until it’s completely broken in. If it’s none of those it could be a handful of other things. Sounds like a fuel issue.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 06-12-2020 at 07:49 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    Pull your cowling and check to make sure the throttle cable didn’t come loose and is opening up all the way. Also check the cable at the hot foot.

Edit: If the cables are good, also check the oil level. While breaking it in until the rings seat you may make oil. Keep the oil level in the middle of the the high and low mark until it’s completely broken in. If it’s none of those it could be a handful of other things. Sounds like a fuel issue.

4. Member
    That's not good. Needs to go to the dealer.

5. Member
    Go straight back to the dealer, looks like you have water intrusion - not good on a motor with only 6 hours.

6. Member
    That is definitely water! Bad problem.. back to dealer ASAP!

I'm surprised it ran at all.

7. Member
    Your getting a new powerhead. My 2016 made it 130hrs before the milk truck showed up.

How high is the oil on the dip stick?