Launching Z-7 with side by side

Parents have a house on an island on Lake Erie and vehicle they leave up there year round 99 Jeep Cherokee is getting to be a problem. Now I wouldn’t have to tow the boat but 1/4 to 1/2 a mile. Could a decent size side by side tow my 2009 z-7 1/2 a mile and launch on a really nice and smooth ramp? I have a brother in law who has been there and said most side by sides could do it fairly easy. Any opinions?

How BIG is your Side By Side ? Towing isn't the issue. STOPPING is !! Then you have the issue of how steep is the ramp !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Probably launch the boat and ATV at the same time!

I Would not attempt this.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Id want to see ramp first, but my initial opinion is very easy and simple.

6. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Most ramps I’ve seen while fishing off of south bass and middle bass are pretty steep.
    You could end up launching both, LoL.
    dont fish much off of Kelly’s island so can’t really say there. Think I seen a state ramp didn’t look to steep over there last year on Kelly’s

7. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    But my main ? Is you have to take a ferry over with your boat , so whatever you tow it there with and take it over on ferry with, just launch it with the tow vehicle.
    lol

8. Member
    I launched a16’ flat bottom in my pond for years with a Polaris 900 ranger. It was a fairly steep ramp and it slid sometimes, I would never attempt to launch a bass boat with utv, it doesn’t weigh enough, the z7 will probably get drug backwards with the boat.

Like most brothers-in-law, yours doesn't know what he's talking abut. LOL.

The Polaris Ranger 1000 is rated to tow 2,500 lbs which I think is less than the dry weight of your Z7. The smaller ones tend to be rated more around 1,500. If you already have one, or wanted one to use for other stuff like hunting, and the ramp is shallow and you go very sloooooooow getting there it might work. But if you have to buy one just for this use, that would be pretty foolish, IMO. They list at about $17,000. I'm sure you could fix the issues with the Cherokee for much less than that. Or, go find some used truck or SUV with over 100,000mi to leave at camp. I'd do it with a jon boat, but not your Z7.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Banned
    Most are belt drives today. Run it in low range to preserve the belt. And I'd want somebody in the SxS, not just relying on the park brake to hold it while you back the boat off or drive it onto the trailer.

11. Member
    Would a bigger one do it? sure. Are you on public roads? If so, as sue happy is people are getting you may want to seriously consider that. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.