Hilton Sandestin Resort

My wife and I are going there next week. I see on google maps they have some lakes right by the hotel. Do they allow fishing, and is it worth bringing a rod or two?

2. Member
    Yes and absolutely yes. All the lakes are catch and release open to just the guests of the resorts. We stay there a couple times a year. All the lakes both north and south of Hwy 98 are part of the resort and open to fishing. You will get tired of catching 2-3 pounders. There are some monsters in there also that can be caught at night especially. It's awesome. Ive caught several over 8 in the past couple years. Throw a black/blue chatterbait or junebug colored worm. You're welcome

3. Member
    Awesome! From the photos it looks like there is some vegetation but who knows what time of year that was taken. Do I need braid or will FC be fine?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Awesome! From the photos it looks like there is some vegetation but who knows what time of year that was taken. Do I need braid or will FC be fine?
    I would bring one of each. FC for the moving baits but braid for top water. The water tends to be fairly clear to dark and tannic. Pro tip: all the lakes are connected via large culverts, never walk past one without making a cast to it. The bass use them like highways to go from lake to lake. There's not much in the way if structure except along the shoreline. Most of it is similar to golf course ponds, very fishable. Once you get the lay of the land it would be well worth your time to walk them at night throwing a large black frog. Just listen for the KABOOM! lol. Ive never fished them in the summer, we usually stay a week for spring break then Thanksgiving week but im sure the same things will work. This was my 5 year old getting in on the action this spring.
    Screenshot_20200612-215911_Gallery.jpg

5. Member
    Ok thanks for the tips.

6. Member
    Buzzbait, Whopper Plopper.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Buzzbait, Whopper Plopper.
    Both of those go without, question.

8. Member
    What about off the beach, anything to be caught there?

9. Member
    Yup, watch for bait busting and throw a spoon or Gotcha to it. You'll catch either ladyfish, hardtails, Spanish mackerel or bonita. Whatever happens to be crashing them at the time.