Registration sticker.

POS registration sticker already fell off my boat. Every year I end up losing at least one sticker. It’s been so bad that when I get checked by the CO, they never have any issue with it because they know they all fall off.

Strange, I've never lost a single one in 25 years and I'm on the water a LOT.

I guess I better check my stickers when I get home today. I've had my license plate fall off the trailer twice, but I've never lost a sticker.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Lost both of mine first trip out this year.

5. Member
    I lose at least one every year. The record so far is 3 in one year.

I gotta ask. Are you guys wiping the area with alcohol before you put your stickers on, or are you sticking them on over top of the bassboat saver/slick mist/boat bling?
    Steve Sendelweck

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Strange, I've never lost a single one in 25 years and I'm on the water a LOT.

Same here

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I gotta ask. Are you guys wiping the area with alcohol before you put your stickers on, or are you sticking them on over top of the bassboat saver/slick mist/boat bling?
    Wipe mine with denatured alcohol. Let dry. Heat area with a heat gun slightly and apply. Heat gun is only cause I am normally installing during early spring and
    making sure the boat Surface is a decent temp.

9. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    I've lost a few over recent years.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

10. Member
    I've tried it all. Cleaning down to the hull. Putting stickers on stickers. Even tried some kind of spray that was supposed to make them stick better. I think some of it is due to location. My stickers go below my rub rail and occasionally get "washed". I think the guts that don't ever have problems are likely to have them above the rub rail.

I've lost several, but my aluminum boat is painted camo and has a rough surface. Best bet is to use Goo-Gone or similar anti-adhesive product, wipe / scrape clean, use alcohol to remove residual Goo-Gone, dry, then apply. If you put it over and old sticker or sticker residual it has a lot higher odds of coming off. They aren't the greatest, but shouldn't come off of a truly 'clean' surface, especially gelcoat.

I had an Asian carp face plant into the side of my boat Saturday and my stickers survived just fine except for a little carp snot, or whatever that horrible substance is.
    Steve Sendelweck

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-29-2021 at 09:46 AM.