Fishing near pigeon forge

Hey guys, me and my family will be traveling from South Louisiana to pigeon forge 6-27to 7-4. For a baseball tournament with my youngest son.I Would like to take my oldest son who is 16 bass fishing a couple days with a guide on a nearby lake or a diy in a creek or river Somewhere worthwhile. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Would really like to have a chance to catch a few smallmouth. they don’t live in our waters And we have never caught one. We fish pretty frequently back home and just looking to make some memories outside of just baseball for a week. Thanks In advanced!
    Last edited by Kickingbass; 06-11-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Hope you enjoy your trip there! There is a good local lake guide called Killer Bass Baits, they are a local bait company but the owner also does guided trips (good bass fisherman) and a good group of guys he has. You can go to Killer Bass Baits website and check it out, his name is Brad Burkhart.

Also, as far as a river/creek to catch smallmouth there are quite a few places on the Pigeon River through Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. You can really follow that river all the way through Sevierville and find any pulloffs you can use. I used to bank fish there all the time and have caught quite a few smallmouth some of decent size. (Even heard stories from reputable people about some 6 and 7 plus pounders being pulled from those waters..)

The Old Mill Restaurant (or right behind it at Patriot Park) has some parking and a place you can walk right down to a river to fish.

Also down the road from there, there is a bridge that goes across the same river next to Quaker Stake and TGI Fridays, you can also park there and fish the same body of water.

A little further down into Sevierville there is a place labeled on Google Maps as "Sevierville Greenway" it has a small bridge next to it that goes across the West Prong of the Pigeon River - very good place to fish. I have personally pulled almost a 5 pound smallmouth from that spot exactly.

Lastly, the waters in front of the Wilderness Water park on your way into Sevierville have some good places to fish as well. There a few different places to pullover and walk down to the river to fish there. All loaded with smallmouth.

Hopefully this will help, would love to have helped catch yall's first smallmouth!

Be safe!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply tyler. Very helpful man thanks I appreciate it. If your ever around the New Orleans area and would like to catch some bass or redfish Don’t hesitate to reach out. Anthony@mikespatiocovers.com

Sounds great buddy! I will do that for sure if I'm ever down that way. Thanks! Also, good luck on your trip have fun and stay safe!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking