Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Go with a finer diameter wire hook. The longer the cast or the deeper the bait the lighter hook you use. A lot easier to drive a finishing nail into wood over trying to drive a 12D nail.

2. Banned
    Honestly your best bet is to grind em to the boat and net em or flip em on deck that 3/4 ounce weight swinging in front of their mouth can cause a big hole if they jump a few times they usually come off just my experience i seem to loose less on lighter weights maybe a half ounce would help also i think people fish it on too stiff of rods you dont want glass but a nice moderate fast action rod helps for i throw mine on the same rod i fish chatterbaits and spinnerbaits

3. Member
    Great thread. I consider this to be more of a Carolina hook set. Sweeping sideways. Take your time keep the rod down if you can. If you are making your own heads, try a smaller hook. I had a bunch made with 2/0 owner wide gap plus hooks. Great hook up %.

4. Member
    9:1 gear ratio reel. Hit them and don't stop winding.

5. Member
    Watched a video from Zona and what I took from it was fast reel and wait to set the hook till the fish turns (tough to do gotta have patience). Another thing I picked up from some other video is too long of a rod COULD be detrimental. From many different anglers videos a 7' heavy rod or if you fish ABU rods a MH is spot on and a fast reel 1/2oz and up jig weight.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12