Ultrex Low on Power

A couple of weeks ago toward the end of the day I noticed my Ultrex was low on power. Even on 10 it acted like it normally does on 2 or 3. So, I chalked it up to a long day and recharged the 2 batteries. The next time I took it out (fully charged) it was much worse as soon as I launched. A couple of times throughout the day though it jumped up to full power momentarily.

Since the batteries are almost 3 years old I went ahead and purchased new ones. Charged them up and tested motor. Still very weak. It did however appear to get full power on level 10 for about 5 seconds but then went back down to little power.

Taking it in to get serviced next week. Just curious if anyone out there has run into something similar.

Thanks, friends.
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

2. Member
    Probably water intrusion in the motor.

3. Member
    I think I found the problem and it seems to have fixed it. There is a spring on the power level knob on the inside of the foot. I believe it puts pressure on the throttle to adjust the power. As I turned the knob the spring appeared to be warped and slightly out of place. I gently pushed the spring and it "snapped" into where it had a more uniform revolution. It now works on all powers as it should. This makes sense to me because the spot lock had been working fine while the power level was not. Also, my daughter reminded me that I had set an umbrella up for my little granddaughter to get out of the sun and used the foot petal as an "anchor" for the umbrella. I think it may be what caused the spring to slip out of place. We'll see if it works on my next outing.

A wise man once said "the more stuff you have, the more stuff you have to fix".
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS