Unhappy Came for the inner seal, stayed for the bearings

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

I'd say that was a GOOD thing !! Don't forget to replace the Races too.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Whoa! That's not good!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Ugly picture there, but I've seen much worse. How is the spindle?

5. Member
    Going out for Chinese? Good thing you took that apart. It could have seized away from home.

That’s always been a big fear for me owning a boat trailer. I just replaced my hubs and bearings last year just to be safe. I’ve seen too many boats sitting on the side of the road detached from their tow vehicle. I would hate to leave my boat and gear sitting on the highway for even an hour.

7. Member
    Spindle was good, I got lucky and had a full bearing set on the shelf (reminder to self: order some more!). I've been expecting the worst and reading about Redi-Seal, Speedy-Seal, etc... Looks like a prior owner had already installed one on ths stbd side.

@edwonbass IME, if you buy a new trailer and outfit it with Bearing Buddies from the start - service it a couple of times annually. If there's still spring pressure being applied, you can be certain that water isn't getting in. Inspect the inner sides of the wheels and look for excessive grease slinging, ot brown water right after pumping in fresh grease. If you keep the water out, those bearings are no different that the ones on your pickup truck.

I know nothing about the oil bath hubs...

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota