Millie Lacs Smallie Report

Heading up there next week, wandering if anyone had been out, I've never been there, hoping to catch some BIG Smallmouth, thanks

2. Member
    I am heading up there on Tuesday with my 2 brother in laws and we’ve never been before. Never even focused on just smallies but very excited to try. Staying at twin pines on west side. If you get on em good let me know. Will be there Tuesday they Friday.

3. Member
    will be there next friday thru tues

4. Member
    Ok we will be leaving Friday sometime, I’ll reply to this if I figured anything good out. Best of luck. Also if anyone responds to op question could you also tell if you can run around ok without hitting submerged rocks or do you have to take it careful out in the middle basically or should we be focusing more to the bank anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
    Ok we will be leaving Friday sometime, I’ll reply to this if I figured anything good out. Best of luck. Also if anyone responds to op question could you also tell if you can run around ok without hitting submerged rocks or do you have to take it careful out in the middle basically or should we be focusing more to the bank anyway?
    Do you have mapping and a chip? All of the rock reefs are marked with hazard buoys but considering the immense size of the lake, there really aren't that many. Most of them are in the southern section of the lake but there are also some along the east and west sides. Most of the north end is sand and most of the middle is huge mud and gravel flats. You will probably need to be more concerned with wind direction. There are a variety of launches around the lake and I suggest launching from a protected one. Wish I could suggest a depth but I haven't been up there yet this year. Good luck.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    Thanks

7. Member
    Yes I have mapping. Do you suggest we only concentrate on the south end of the lake since that is where the rock is? We are staying on the west side of lake.

8. Member
    I have a chip but have never used it, bought it after I went to Canada last year, had to make trails, no fun

9. Member
    East side has more stereotypical smallmouth habitat, but the west also has plenty as well. I prefer the west and northwest side of the lake.

I would say overall the lake has smallies and good habitat everywhere except the middle and the NE corner. So fish where the wind lets you. The spawn should be close to being wrapped up, so you are probably fishing mostly post spawn fish