Thread: Back to Tracker

Back to Tracker

Sold my 2001 G3 early spring and now own a 2017 175 TXW
    75 hp w/ Solas 17 on it.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 06-11-2020 at 05:51 AM.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

Congratulations!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Banned

4. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Nice rig for the money. How's that Solas prop doing for pushing that boat? And for sure put a 24v trolling motor on it if it doesn't have one already.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

5. Member
    Took it out this afternoon for the first time, holeshot was good, couldn't air it out because the water was so rough from wind and excessive boats. Got off the water around 4 pm before it really got crazy. Gonna have to get a better fishfinder with gps because it still has the factory Lowrance hook 4. Yea I need to upgrade the trolling motor also. Older couple was the PO and there is only about 10 hrs on it. Ran great.

My first four stroke...stopped the first time and got on the trolling motor and thought I heard a boat off in the distance, set there and listened about a minute and realized , damn, that's my motor running. I forgot to turn the big motor off.. First time I ever did that. Loving the four stroke though, quiet and smooth.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Only thing you'll have to worry about on that motor is that white prop bore anti-cavitation ring that directs all the exhaust through the prop vs some getting around it. It likes to pop out. Mine lasted 4 years and won't pop back in solid now. You can run it without it but it will cavitate on holeshot and you run a risk of cavitating it in turns. Ran mine today without it and it did fine once I got used to it and what to watch out for.

Any type of wind with the stock trolling motor and you're fighting a losing battle. And if you want a GREAT fish finder/gps combo Bass Pro has the Garmin Echomap 73sv on clearance for $450 (normally $750) until the 22nd of this month. Just bought one this morning to replace my Stryker 7sv so I can have good mapping software at the console. Put the Echomap 63cv on the front and it's insane what that thing shows in 2d and the mapping is the best thing since sliced bread to help me fish more efficiently. I owe my perch jerking success today 100% to the new Garmin on the front. Leaps and bounds better than anything I've had on the front of any boat. Caught roughly 150 tight lining on a deep hump with brush and the Garmin is so clear when it comes to helping you stay on stacked up fish. By the way the Echomap 63cv is on clearance for $300 (normally $450) right now at BPS.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

7. Member
    Thanks for the head's up on the prop bore ring, That's a good deal on those Garmins, may ride down and check them out today. Your boat is an awesome set up. Thanks for the info..

I may be interested in the Stryker if you want to sell it...

Do you think the 63cv would be good at the console?
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 06-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

8. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I just ordered 2 of the prop bore sleeve parts. Only about $5 a piece. Decided I like for my boat to jump out of the hole without the prop slipping and shaking and like it to turn on a dime. Biggest problem was it was turning too many rpm's at anything less than trimmed out and trucking. I don't like running WOT too much except for a minute or two each trip just to blow it out because I don't think that's very good for the motor over time. Thanks for the compliment on my setup. I'm slowly building this thing into the machine I think it should be. I think the Echomap on the console might be the end up the updating for a bit...at least my wallet hopes it is.

I think my buddy has dibs on the Striker to go on the nose of his Champion. Currently running a Lowrance x125 up there and well...yeah it's past due. Really the only reason I'm replacing the Striker is because I want real mapping with contours at the console.

As long as you're OK with not having side imaging the 63cv would be great at the console. The mapping it comes with is amazing if it supports the lakes you fish. Personally, I wouldn't want to ever be without side imaging at the console because of how efficiently you can hunt structure and even clusters of fish.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

9. Member
    Yea, cheap fix and I would definitely get that done asap. I don't run WOT very much either, I like to cruise.

BPS is sold out of the 63's online and at the store. My store has several of the 73sv in stock may go get one today..what did you use to mount it and hold it steady? How did you mount the transducer? Pics would be helpful. I'll send you a PM Thanks
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

10. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I used a universal RAM mount that can take any graph you want to mount to it and just screwed and sealed the transducer to the transom.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

11. Member
    Thanks, I have owned several boats, mainly Trackers and a G3, and have installed several fishfinders, LEDs, foot trays, etc. I am an electrician by trade. Just wanted to see how you positioned the transducer, ran the cables through the console, etc. Appreciate it.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

12. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    There's a cover on the starboard side that you can remove to run the cables super easy. Just gotta find the screws in the carpet. Then just fish it through the console. EZ PZ
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

13. Member
    No problem..my boat has the vinyl floor.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad