Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hospital in my town operating close to normal now . No masks required to enter and DR. offices are open for regular visits .

Quote Originally Posted by trifish View Post
    Florida new infections have been over 1000 a day for the past week, worse than at any other point in the pandemic. The increased numbers could easily be written off to increased testing, but the positivity rate is also increasing. The positivity rate was hovering around 5% for a while and is now over 10% which shows that the increase in infections is not just a function of increased testing. There are currently 14 states that are experiencing similar resurgence since reopening.
    5.3 as of this morning.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Here is a good dashboard that tracks the cases worldwide. You can click on your state or county and get those numbers as well.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

There were 6 cases in my county. All recovered and there has not been a new case for more than a month. There has been a few cases in the counties nearby.

Been open here for about 6 weeks. For the most part all is going good till the protests fired up. Numbers had been flat or decreas8 g up until then. Seeing some isolated spikes in hospitalizatons. State says that is mosty due meat processing plants, jails/ prisons and nursing homes. They had a number where they account for about 45-50% of all cases here. State health also says its due to increased testing as well as testing more asymptomatic people. Our positivity rate in Texas fluctuates between 5-7% down from a high near 15% just 6 weeks ago. We are almost 100% open again.
    I do not see a scenario where we go backwards with lockdowns even if numbers seriously spike. That option has left the building I think. We are just gonna have to learn to live with the virus still being out there and still have some normalcy. Heck just reading on here even if tvere was a vaccine more than half on here would refuse it anyway.

6. Member
    Our numbers have been going a little down.

We have 8800+ cases in the county and 177 in my city. Usually the poorer areas have much higher number of cases.

I wear an N95 when I go out to store. We are still fairly locked down outside eating is allowed but most people here are jumping the border to Wisconsin. Southern Wisconsin i think will cases will go up heavily on top of what they have already.

7. Member
    Sorry about your family's issues. We've had a rise in the area. But that was expected. Be encouraged though. I lot people never have symptoms or light symptoms. My son has treated approximately 150 COVID 19 patients, almost all are nursing patients with pre-existing conditions. Although several passed away (which is really bad), most of them were discharged negative tested COVID 19.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    So sorry to hear about your Family. Thoughts and prayers for all of you. We have seen a dramatic spike in numbers since everything started opening up. People are not social distancing at all. Huge crowds gather in our downtown Greenville area and it has now become a "hotspot".
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Texas is open and the numbers went up, but we have more testing now, so.....obviously the numbers went up. We don’t have near the hospitalizations that was predicted and the death rate is something like 0.4%. Overall, people here aren’t too concerned about it.
    This, numbers are on the rise but deaths are not. They have figured out venting people were actually making things worse, I had one doc tell me if I know someone or I get it do not allow them to put them/you on a ventilator, the people on ventilators usually do not come back.

10. Member
    Sorry to hear about all your family members. Arizona has seen a hefty spike in the last week or so, which is concerning in that the hospitals are starting to get full again. They are discussing delaying or suspending elective surgeries again, which will seriously impact the healthcare system.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

I got notified a few days ago a passenger that sat near me on a flight tested positive. Now, there are quite a few people at my daughters gym (competitive cheer) that have tested positive including her coach, other coaches, and also several members. Coaches are the ones required to wear a mask and they were the ones that first tested positive it seems. One coach went and did the test at a pharmacy and thought it was a false positive so he went to his doctor and had it done, tested positive again. He has no symptoms or last I heard he didn’t.

Very sorry to hear about this for your family sir.

13. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I am very sorry to hear of your family members, and your loss.

In Michigan there were 661 hospitalized cases statewide three days ago. Last week it was 800'ish. The week before 1,000'ish. I check the MI.gov website every couple days to see how much it's dropping. The hospitals in MI, with the exception of the Detroit area, are far from overwhelmed and have extensive supplies of equipment and PPE.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

14. Member
    As of yesterday, WV had 24 people in the hospital. Our cumulative positive test rate was 1.86% and our daily positive test rate was 0.58%. A large portion of our positives were nursing home related and and an even greater percentage of deaths were folks in nursing homes.

15. Real Deal Tungsten
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Texas is open and the numbers went up, but we have more testing now, so.....obviously the numbers went up. We don’t have near the hospitalizations that was predicted and the death rate is something like 0.4%. Overall, people here aren’t too concerned about it.
    You are figuring (or getting your info from a bad source) your death rate wrong. You can only compare number of infected vs number of deaths. You cannot include the entire population in figuring the death rate. Confirmed cases vs deaths, the US is at 5.6%. That is terribly high if you compare to our normal bugs. Flu is way less than 1%. If you include the entire population in the figures, that's like including people that don't drive/ride in car fatality percentages that have no chance of ever dying from a car accident.

16. Real Deal Tungsten
    OP,

Very sorry to hear about your family. This is a very serious deal, and the media has caused a very confused response and blew it out of proportion so that many think it is no big deal. Very frustrating in the health care world. I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

17. Member
    14 day average of confirmed cases here in MN is still on the decline. Restaurants, gyms, etc. were just allowed to re-open with restrictions yesterday. Hopefully it won't start back up in 2 weeks like all of the other states mentioned above that had opened earlier.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Tungsten View Post
    You are figuring (or getting your info from a bad source) your death rate wrong. You can only compare number of infected vs number of deaths. You cannot include the entire population in figuring the death rate. Confirmed cases vs deaths, the US is at 5.6%. That is terribly high if you compare to our normal bugs. Flu is way less than 1%. If you include the entire population in the figures, that's like including people that don't drive/ride in car fatality percentages that have no chance of ever dying from a car accident.
    CDC has said the death rate is much much lower, you have to account for the asymptomatic people that never get tested, which they have said is 10x the confirmed #s.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trifish View Post
    Florida new infections have been over 1000 a day for the past week, worse than at any other point in the pandemic. The increased numbers could easily be written off to increased testing, but the positivity rate is also increasing. The positivity rate was hovering around 5% for a while and is now over 10% which shows that the increase in infections is not just a function of increased testing. There are currently 14 states that are experiencing similar resurgence since reopening.
    I'm 4 hours north of you and I was at the doctor Monday for a sore back issue. My doctor told me they have not had any Covid cases ever! They weren't waring masks or gloves and all was normal. Now, I had an eye doctor apt earlier in the day and it was like walking into a hazmat area.

What is your source for 1000 new cased per day? I'm not saying it isn't true, just would like to take a look at the source.

20. Member
    OP, so sorry to hear of the heartbreak this is causing you and your family.

Covid cases in Texas are consistently rising since the re-opening. My observation has been many people are throwing caution to the wind.

You can look at Texas testing totals and percentage of positive tests from DSHS here: https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...b11b9eaef6101f There is also information on new daily cases which are increasing. To me, it looks like total tests per day have remained about the same for several weeks, so the increases aren't just because more people are being tested.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast