Anyone fishing the big 12-mile single tournament?

Hey guys I was just curious if you were going to fish this tournament what are some of the things you would key on? It is a 30 person event. I’m not a tournament guy never fished one before. I was at 12-mile last week and only caught 2 keepers :-) . I don’t think that’s good enough for the class of anglers that are locked in to that derby. Obviously no one will want to give away any major secrets but maybe just a few ideas for fun? You know like the rock piles, creek channels, or brush.... I know I know all of the above will play.

2. Member
    Fish the rock piles, creek channels, or brush.

3. Member
    What do you guys think it will take to win?? I’m going to say 18.87lb... I know that place can get 21lb brought in but I’m just thinking a lower weight this time. Heck I don’t know just fun to guess.

Based off of the weights that I have seen from that lake the last year or two, I think 17 pounds will be a good bag.

5. Member
    So I guess the lake is off limits to the guys fishing this tournament this hole week. That’s interesting, so looking at the name’s listed that are fishing the tournaments I’m going to guess a couple winners. I have never met any of them but know a little about there names. Shawn holly fish’s a lot with the promoter and I think knows the lake. The other guys name is Bryan Corley looks like he has won tournaments there with maybe his son? The last one heck the guy listed in the 17 spot not even sure about him.... For some reason I like looking up the results of tournaments it’s fun to see the weights and if there was a lot of limits brought in. Any body else have a guess??

6. Member
    16.79lb won The tournament and big bass was 5.22lb. Second 15.81. Third place was 14.98lb.

I was close!

8. Member
    You darn near nailed it on the money. That kid won a nice check $2530!! Heck big bass got $600 to. Congratulations to all the money winners. Those guys must really love tournaments fishing for good money. I just don’t feel confident (definitely not lucky enough lol) to do well in one of those $170 entry tournaments.

Who won it?

10. Member
    Marshell Halverson.... Guy from Des moine I think. This was a Weekend warriors Single tournament if you want to see the results they’re on the Facebook.