Thread: TAGS

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS

TAGS

Well I got my KS tags but no WY this year so 1 more year closer to my Speed Goat hunt.

Bring a new guy to KS this year so should be a blast! He has only seen and killed 115-120" so he is going to have a great hunt! I'm headed out in a couple weeks to set cams, food and tweak stands a bit.

Any one using a good reliable battery feeder? looking for dependable and about 250bs+ capability you could recommend. $350 max.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

2. Member
    Congrats on your tags! I too hunt WY, but will be applying for a preference point only this year. Some of the best feeders that I know of are West Texas Feeders. We've been using them for 6-7yrs. I think you have to supply your own barrel (we use 55 gallon drums). Their motors and timers are the best I've seen. Another feeder you might want to look at is the One and Done Pro Feeders. Quality as well and very good if you have a concern with bears in your area. Good Luck!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrybusy View Post
    Congrats on your tags! I too hunt WY, but will be applying for a preference point only this year. Some of the best feeders that I know of are West Texas Feeders. We've been using them for 6-7yrs. I think you have to supply your own barrel (we use 55 gallon drums). Their motors and timers are the best I've seen. Another feeder you might want to look at is the One and Done Pro Feeders. Quality as well and very good if you have a concern with bears in your area. Good Luck!
    Thanks I'm going to look at these. No bears but cows will determine where sometimes..
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

4. Member
    Where do you hunt in Kansas? My family owns a pretty good sized ranch in SE Kansas. I stopped buying spin feeders and went to all gravity feeders. I still have a 600# academy feeder that works well but I have a few of the banks 300# feeders mounted on 4x4 posts and they are great. There is a company that makes an extension for them to go to 600# if I remember right.

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    My son and I drew ks, but my other son who put in ad s group with us wasn't drawn. Called trying to get that figured out.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!