Vinyl flooring in bass boat?

Who has done the marine vinyl flooring in there bass boat? I saw a picture of a bullet that had it done and it looked awesome. Just curious as to thoughts or recommendations. Or is carpet still the best option?

2. Member
    I had vinyl in my last boat, a G3. I extended the deck, put more of it down. Bought it from Cabela's. Good stuff. The color even matched!

Pros
    - wasn't slippery when wet
    - didn't hold water like carpet
    - hooks didn't get caught in it like carpet
    - I spilled JJ's magic on it, splashed some lake water on it, no stains
    - no stains from blood
    - soap and water for cleaning it
    - cuts easy
    - glues easy
    - no issues with fading

Cons
    - no cushion, like carpet provides
    - for going around locker lids, you'll now have a gap, it's very thin. Will need to affix some sort of filler to take up the gap. Rivet on some aluminum? Unless it doesn't bother you.

I'm redoing a boat now. My current plan is to put down EVA faux foam sheets. Since it has a little bit of cushion to it. Most likely a solid color.
    I'm not a fan of carpet in boats. It was crazy, how much dirt came out of the carpet I ripped out of this boat. And how much water it held.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStickFishing View Post
    Who has done the marine vinyl flooring in there bass boat? I saw a picture of a bullet that had it done and it looked awesome. Just curious as to thoughts or recommendations. Or is carpet still the best option?
    I don't know what material it is but mine is holding up great. Wish the whole boat had it. It's nice and soft also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    That looks like EVA faux foam.