Dogfish_Jones

My trips for this week

Tomorrow, Wednesday, a buddy coming in from Mississippi and we are going to fish the river section above 1-20 on Logan Martin. If they are pulling water we will fish the points coming into the channel of the river. If they are not pulling water we will hit the docks nearest to deep water.
    Then Friday I am heading to Lake Martin to pre fish for a tournament. I will see if the bass will bite jigs along some steep rock bluffs.
    All in all it will be good to get on the water.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Well both trips were not ones that go down as very good ones.
    Logan Martin trip was pretty bad, only three fish caught. My friend did catch a nice bass on a jig but it came off at the boat. It had a huge mouth on it as it came out of the water and threw the jig.
    Today I went to Lake Martin to pre-fish for our club tournament. I hadn’t been there in years either. Put in crank up my graphs and low and behold, Lakemaster does not have Lake Martin mapped out. Just the plain blue and brown map, no contour mapping. Puzzling to say the last why they have no added this lake.
    Luckily I do have Navionics on my phone and they have it mapped out. Hard reading from your phone while going across the water.
    i only caught 5 spots today and nothing big.
    This is a tough lake to fish too. I fished mainly with jigs since you are in 20’+ of water 5’ from the bank. I hated not having Lakemaster not showing me the contour, I was pretty much going in blind. I may need to find a buddy who has a Navionics card I might can borrow to put in my graph slot for the tournament.
    Hey at least I was on the water fishing. Plus I did not go full steam ahead today because I had to get steroid and the Rooster Comb shots in both my knees yesterday and The doctor kind of told me not to over do anything for two or three days. I did sit a little more on my butt seat today but I am so use to just standing that might have thrown my mojo off some.

3. Member
    If you still need a card for the tourney let me know. Im sure I can spare mine for a few days.

4. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstacks7 View Post
    If you still need a card for the tourney let me know. Im sure I can spare mine for a few days.
    Thanks for the offer!
    I might have a guy in our club that can spare a card that he is not using, he has forgot where he put it but is going to ask his wife where he stores his stuff. He said she knows all his secret places he hides his new fishing stuff he has not told her about.

5. Member
    Sounds like a good wife. I think mine has her own tackle hid from me. When's the tournament for you?

6. Dogfish_Jones
    June 20th

I've got both CMaps and am older navionics card for my graphs... navionics has most stuff and CMaps has everything else in detail..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I went and purchased the Lakemaster V5 card to add Martin in HD. Its funny...or maybe sad I have become so dependent on the mapping cards to navigate lakes now.

9. Banned
    I wish Lowrance had as good a map card as Lakemaster