Tungsten worm weights

What color tungsten worm weights does everyone use and does it really matter?

I don't feel it matters most time but I use black or grn pmkn mostly

I buy the polished ones and flame them. This turns them a matte gray color that won't chip off.

The process involves heating them up until they glow red then dropping them in ice water. I use a straightened out paper clip to hold the weight, hold the other end of the paper clip with needle nose pliers, and heat them with a propane torch. They glow much quicker than you'd think. Use as heavy duty of a paper clip as you can find, and probably best to do it over concrete just in case.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. GTB
    Ditto

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I buy the polished ones and flame them. This turns them a matte gray color that won't chip off.

The process involves heating them up until they glow red then dropping them in ice water. I use a straightened out paper clip to hold the weight, hold the other end of the paper clip with needle nose pliers, and heat them with a propane torch. They glow much quicker than you'd think. Use as heavy duty of a paper clip as you can find, and probably best to do it over concrete just in case.
    Cool tip, thanks I will give that a try.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post

Yep exactly what I do. Buy them cheap off Facebook, and do exactly this. Saves me a bunch of money and I get a chip free weight. Only difference is I don’t use a paper clip. I just grab them directly with the needle nose pliers.

7. Member
    Same as Drew, works great

8. Member
    I buy all my tungsten from Titan tungsten. They have some pretty great deals throughout the year. You also have the option of a matte finish which i like a lot better than normal painted weights. Also they have the size stamped on it Incase they get messed up running down the lake
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I buy all my tungsten from Titan tungsten. They have some pretty great deals throughout the year. You also have the option of a matte finish which i like a lot better than normal painted weights. Also they have the size stamped on it Incase they get messed up running down the lake
    I just ordered from them for the first time 10 days ago. I haven't heard anything from them other than the email letting me know that got the order. Is this a Chinese outfit? Do they normally ship promptly? I'm about to cancel the order!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I just ordered from them for the first time 10 days ago. I haven't heard anything from them other than the email letting me know that got the order. Is this a Chinese outfit? Do they normally ship promptly? I'm about to cancel the order!
    It’s a US based company but that’s not really common for them to put it on hold like that. Might be cause of the virus but I’d send them an email just to see what’s up. I had a similar issue during a special Black Friday sale, waited 2 weeks and finally sent them an email asking if they shipped it out and the next day I had a tracking number and recieved the order within 2 days.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    It’s a US based company but that’s not really common for them to put it on hold like that. Might be cause of the virus but I’d send them an email just to see what’s up. I had a similar issue during a special Black Friday sale, waited 2 weeks and finally sent them an email asking if they shipped it out and the next day I had a tracking number and recieved the order within 2 days.
    Ok, appreciate the quick answer. I've already sent them an email, just waiting to hear back from them.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-C View Post
    I don't feel it matters most time but I use black or grn pmkn mostly
    +1

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I use red, and I’m sure any extra bites I get are 100% in my head! If I was smart I would buy the cheap ones from overseas for 1/5 the price I pay for BPS or Strike King red weights and just do what Drew and the others do!

As for Titan, I’m “sponsored” and their prices are still too high. I do like the weights and it’s nice to have the weight on the sinker but I keep my weights in tiny little bags separated by size. They’re out of a LOT of stuff right now too! Not sure if its the covid thing or what but their selection is very limited across the board.

One guy down the street has been waiting for 1oz sinkers for 9-10 weeks from them.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Thanks for this! I just ordered some I am going to make matte.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate