Livewell settings

New Z20, after initial livewell fill do you leave the fill on low. It seems that the water level goes down fairly quickly. Also do you leave the recirculation on? I have the VT 2 livewell vents installed.

2. Member
    I usually just leave it on low. That said I generally don’t fish tournaments, so I only use the livewell to throw the fish in to set up for a quick picture.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    I leave mine on low fill all day as well as low recirculate. Turn the fill off when changing spots and also use the VT-2 vents. No ice or chemicals needed and never lose fish in hot summer.

4. Dogfish_Jones
    After live well check at the dock and I start out I turn my starboard side on low, then when I start catching some fish I turn it on medium and recirculate.
    When I get to culling time I will start the port side live well to keep the cull fish on that side on medium and recurulate with the deep live well I rarely go to full unless I have some pretty big fish on the starboard side.
    I also pour in some rejuvinator powder to keep them calm and more relaxed. Those bass are still very frisky at weigh-in especially those spotted bass.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rvan View Post
    New Z20, after initial livewell fill do you leave the fill on low. It seems that the water level goes down fairly quickly. Also do you leave the recirculation on? I have the VT 2 livewell vents installed.
    Why is your water level going down? It shouldn't go down at all even if pumps are off.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    I leave mine on high all day. I don't use the recirc pumps unless I'm pulling the boat out of the water for a drive-through style weigh-in. Also, the water level should not go down. Make sure the drain valves are closed.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    The water does go down, unknown why. How can I tell if the drain valves are closed?

8. Member
    The water does go down, unknown why. How can I tell if the drain valves are closed?
    Fill up the livewells in your driveway with the valves closed. Check for leaks.

During the summer months mine stay on high fill all day, run recirc on low or just while I am running.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Does the fill automaticly turn off, or just keep flowing out the overfill?

11. Member
    Does the fill automaticly turn off, or just keep flowing out the overfill?
    The fill does not automatically turn off. If you have it on high it will run all day. If you are making long runs I would consider turning the fill off and recirc on.

12. Member
    Regardless of fill settings, you need to find out why your water level is going down unless it's going out your overflow tube. If it only goes down a little bit then the overflow tube is the likely culprit when you're getting on plane; however, if the entire livewell will empty over time, you need to figure out why it's not sealed.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

The driveway and garden hose suggestion will help u answer your drainage issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. Member
    Thanks for all the replies. I will check tomorrow. Boat is still under warranty.