Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed in Power pole Customer Service

So I had a problem with my power poles on the water yesterday . Working fine in the morning then one stops working. It won’t go up or down . The light is on but it won’t raise or lower . I don’t know about you guys but anytime something doesn’t work it always throws your whole day off a little . So my friend that was with me has the same the same skeeter fx 20 limited that he bought a year before me and he was with me yesterday and he told me it’s probably the circuit board because it happen to his as well . He said Call customer service and they will send you out another one away . So I call them this morning and talk to them. I first reached a nice guy . He says to try and swap the boards out and see if the other one works with the other board and he says I can try to clean it. So I do that and it works and I call back and tell them and ask how to clean it . Next guys says you can’t clean it and tells me it’s 240 for the board . I bought the boat in 2017 . So every three years I can expect to pay 240 for a new board ?!?! The guy says no he will give me half off . So 120 every 3 years or more of the other one breaks ?! For a pos board that says made in China and prob costs power pole 5 bucks to have them make it ! I’ve been reading about how great power pole customer service is but I’m not happy at all ! My boat has about 35 hours on it !

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Doesnt sound like Powerpole customer service at all honestly..

3. Banned
    Hmmmmm

4. Member
    Well I just paid the 120 for a new board to be shipped to me . �� I didn’t have to pay shipping or tax at least . Definitely a huge let down !

5. Member
    Not my experience with Power Pole customer service at all. Sounds like you got the wrong guy on the phone! I have noticed that with a lot of companies. You are at the mercy of whoever you get on the phone, mileage varies!

6. Member
    There has to be more to the story....well I guess there doens't have to be. But that said, Power Pole warranty on electrical is 2 years. Why have a warranty at all if all they are going to do is give it out free all the time. I guess I don't understand why there is some expectation of getting it free. Bonus if you did, but you aren't really out anything since your poles are out of warranty.
    Last edited by mastergun; 06-08-2020 at 09:11 PM.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    There has to be more to the story....well I guess there doens't have to be. But that said, Power Pole warranty on electrical is 2 years. Why have a warranty at all if all they are going to do is give it out free all the time. I guess I don't understand why there is some expectation of getting it free. Bonus if you did, but you aren't really out anything since your poles are out of warranty.
    Well said...

Lets see... Be thankful I got 50% off of an out of warranty part or get cranky and brand bash..

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Well said...

Lets see... Be thankful I got 50% off of an out of warranty part or get cranky and brand bash..
    exactly your out of warranty would be same with any company, see if you get some other company to give you 50 percent off. Why do you expect your boards will fail every 3 years I have customers out there with poles that are 6 or 7 years old never seen a board failure. Once you purchase that circuit board you get a new 2 year warranty on it.. If your boards are failing every 2 to 3 years you have another issue. Circuit board failure is usually water intrusion or the relay goes bad. The amount of board failures we see vs the amount of poles built/ sold is a very very minimal percent.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-09-2020 at 11:27 AM.

9. Member
    Power Pole is literally at the top when it comes to customer service. No you won't replace parts every year or every three years, but sometimes things just happen. My Blades are 6 years old, with the first generation pumps, and the only issue I've ever had was - NONE. When I decided to remove my pumps because I was doing some work to my boat I knew I would need new ferrules since they're "crush" style fittings. I called and said I need to order XYZ, my address is, and cost is? Free.99. I was past my 5 year warranty and my point is this, I wasn't expecting anything for free. If they break tomorrow, I will gladly pay to fix them. And as others have said the percentage of issues with Power-Poles is almost none existent. Most issues I see are from installation error or operation error.

Best Customer Service--Hand's Down!!

11. Scraps
    This is a first......
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Top notch... period. Garmin is getting equal billing from me at the moment as well. I love to speak to representative from thevUS who speaks fluent English and that’s eager to help me fix whatever problem I’ve created for myself, product error or user error with a cheerful smile!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Top notch... period. Garmin is getting equal billing from me at the moment as well. I love to speak to representative from thevUS who speaks fluent English and that’s eager to help me fix whatever problem I’ve created for myself, product error or user error with a cheerful smile!
    Yes indeed. Power-Pole and Garmin by far have they best customer service out there. In the past 3 years I’ve had all the top brand 12” units trying to figure out what suits me, and for different reasons I had to reach out to each brand. I run all Garmin and Power-Pole products and not just for their great products, but they stand behind them and it shows through their customer service.

yes nothing but praise from me as well, top notch company.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I just got to say, that Power Pole customer service is honestly the best in the business! Hands down without question.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    I just got to say, that Power Pole customer service is honestly the best in the business! Hands down without question.
    we couldnt agree more, no matter how good you are you can never please everyone.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Well said...

. This is probably a troll from someone who wants to bash Power Poles reputation in favor of their sponsor, Minn Kota, who is coming out with their copy of a Power Pole.

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    . This is probably a troll from someone who wants to bash Power Poles reputation in favor of their sponsor, Minn Kota, who is coming out with their copy of a Power Pole.
    Could be as the op's post isthe only one i have ever heard of with such nonsense..

My poles are 4 years old. I called because my Bluetooth doesn’t work on one of my pumps and we think it’s circuit board related. They offered me the board at half off. Same as the OP. The warranty is 3 years. I do not deserve this board for free. Just like when my truck or motor goes out I don’t expect a new one for free. I declined the purchase as it’s not a “need” and will
    wait until the board actually goes out before replacing it. But I will say I’ve used power pole CS maybe 10 times and each time it was “no problem they will ship today”. Even last week I had a hose split on me and all the fluid blew out all over the boat. I called knowing I shouldn’t be under warranty and they shipped me new hoses, fittings and fluid for free.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    My poles are 4 years old. I called because my Bluetooth doesn’t work on one of my pumps and we think it’s circuit board related. They offered me the board at half off. Same as the OP. The warranty is 3 years. I do not deserve this board for free. Just like when my truck or motor goes out I don’t expect a new one for free. I declined the purchase as it’s not a “need” and will
    wait until the board actually goes out before replacing it. But I will say I’ve used power pole CS maybe 10 times and each time it was “no problem they will ship today”. Even last week I had a hose split on me and all the fluid blew out all over the boat. I called knowing I shouldn’t be under warranty and they shipped me new hoses, fittings and fluid for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast