Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm sure PowerPole factors into the pricing the stuff they plan on providing free parts even outside of warranty or due to owner neglect. I understand why they do it, it buys them a lot of goodwill and loyalty. Most of the things they provide at no cost are likely low cost to them, but I'd be curious to know how much in dollars they "give away" every month/year. I called to buy a 2 pump mounting kits but they shipped a set free to me.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    I'm sure PowerPole factors into the pricing the stuff they plan on providing free parts even outside of warranty or due to owner neglect. I understand why they do it, it buys them a lot of goodwill and loyalty. Most of the things they provide at no cost are likely low cost to them, but I'd be curious to know how much in dollars they "give away" every month/year. I called to buy a 2 pump mounting kits but they shipped a set free to me.
    called smart business...

I can't believe with your pleasant personality, that Power Pole didn't give it to you for free. I mean, they should fix something that is 3 years for free, not knowing how it was stored, taken care of, maintained, etc. How dare PP. The nerve of some companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity981 View Post
    So I had a problem with my power poles on the water yesterday . Working fine in the morning then one stops working. It won’t go up or down . The light is on but it won’t raise or lower . I don’t know about you guys but anytime something doesn’t work it always throws your whole day off a little . So my friend that was with me has the same the same skeeter fx 20 limited that he bought a year before me and he was with me yesterday and he told me it’s probably the circuit board because it happen to his as well . He said Call customer service and they will send you out another one away . So I call them this morning and talk to them. I first reached a nice guy . He says to try and swap the boards out and see if the other one works with the other board and he says I can try to clean it. So I do that and it works and I call back and tell them and ask how to clean it . Next guys says you can’t clean it and tells me it’s 240 for the board . I bought the boat in 2017 . So every three years I can expect to pay 240 for a new board ?!?! The guy says no he will give me half off . So 120 every 3 years or more of the other one breaks ?! For a pos board that says made in China and prob costs power pole 5 bucks to have them make it ! I’ve been reading about how great power pole customer service is but I’m not happy at all ! My boat has about 35 hours on it !

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    called smart business...
    Yeah I get it..no doubt it gains them a lot of loyalty, it has from me. I'd still be interested in the $$ amount they give away in goodwill.

5. Banned
    My system is 13yrs old, dual Pro Poles and never replaced a electrical component on it, never replaced a pump. Replaced lines when upgraded to 90 degree fittings. Put 2 new caps on during this time frame. Personally I don't think they should have ever left the original design. Board issues seem to be their weak link. Use MK brackets. No mod because both systems use the same bolt pattern.

I know a lil about costumer service both good and bad, and I have had several issues over the years with my 8' Blades and PP Customer Service has EXCELLED each and every time. 35+ years in customer service supervision and this group has done the right thing without having to ask each time. Customer for life here. Dan

7. Member
    My problem is solved as a DYI guy. They sent me fittings, fluid and a new tank after chasing my leak. Never asked for anything and had my credit card ready but I knew they would step up and jsut make me a happy customer. That goes a long way.
    I hooked everything back up on Thursday afternoon and it's now dry in the bilge. The missing piece of the puzzle was the tank. It had something going on. I've talked to three of the nicest guys over there who went out of their way to help the end user. Simply amazing in this day and age.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12