Thread: McClure

California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar

McClure

Haven't fished it since beginning of the year.

Have a tourney coming in two weeks, planning on hitting it this week and next - anyone fish it lately? How's the bite?

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

2. Banned
    There’s a FB group that is always posting about fish in McClure. When it first opened back up for local use, I think you could tie a hook to a stick and catch something. Now that it’s open for all, the quantity seems to be a bit lower. Jigs and senkos. Most seem to be up in the river by Bagby.

3. Member
    It's been over a year since we've been there, usually make it a week long camping trip... Love that lake!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A7T3C View Post
    Haven't fished it since beginning of the year.

Have a tourney coming in two weeks, planning on hitting it this week and next - anyone fish it lately? How's the bite?

How was it?

5. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    How was it?
    Tough as hell! We pre-fished twice, close to 40 bass each day. Day of tourney, nothing went as planned lol. 80 boats, won with a bag of 12.5lbs - tells ya how the day went for all. Didn't bother to weigh in our bag, would of placed mid field and far out of prize.

6. Member
    Any news on if another BBT ML team will be taking place this year ? I saw Central area is having a 6 Hr night tournament at Don Pedro in a couple of weeks but BBT has nothing showing on the Mother Lode schedule .

7. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kls2020 View Post
    Any news on if another BBT ML team will be taking place this year ? I saw Central area is having a 6 Hr night tournament at Don Pedro in a couple of weeks but BBT has nothing showing on the Mother Lode schedule .
    Haven't seen anything yet. We'll be fishing the night DP event, as for right now seems like it's the last thing in the area for Central/ML..

Delta/Clear Lake coming up, but not sure we're doing those.

8. Member
    I talked to a buddy who's fishing these and he said he heard from someone this next night event at DP was going to count for ML region but I have not seen any official announcement .