Question St Lawrence River current/water levels?

I'm going back up to Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River August 8-16 this year, staying right on the northwestern shore of Chaumont Bay, about a 20 min drive from the Cape Vincent launch. Like last year, I want to spend more time fishing the lake than the river, but I know the river offers more protection up past the Thousand island bridge from wind.

How is the current and water levels on the river currently, and what is it forecasted to be by midsummer? I haven't the slightest clue where to begin to look for that info. I know when we went last year at the end of August, it was still very high. We had to get 3/4 oz and 1 oz weights to even have a chance at fishing most stuff.

Working on my shopping list now for this trip, especially for weights, so trying to gauge if I need those crazy heavy weights again, or if I can get away with some lighter stuff this time around. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It's high but not apocalyptic high like in years past. I would pack the heavy stuff incase you're in the river either way

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    It's high but not apocalyptic high like in years past. I would pack the heavy stuff incase you're in the river either way
    Good to know, thanks!