PP constantly messed up

Guys about every other time I go fish I have a pole that doesn’t want to work. I’ve had my boat 1 (17 model Phx i bought used) year now and the 3 year warranty just ended but I hope if I keep having issues PP will stand behind their product.

So far I have replaced 1 pump, 2 boards, and one top cap. Now they both have been working for a few months except that almost every time out I have to take the top cap off my port side pole and it resets or makes better contact and it comes back to life. I don’t mind the trouble but I’m afraid eventually this isn’t gonna work and if my pole is down when it decides not to wake back up I think it’s gonna be a bad day.

Anyway. Just thought I’d put this out there to see if anyone had thoughts, comments or similar experiences.

For the record I love poles and I can’t imagine fishing without them ever again.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Contact powerpole they will work with you to make it right and your consistant issues are abnormal by standard. Very rarely do we see a customer with multiple problems like you have had..

3. Member
    Oh I’ve talked to them plenty. I think they ate tired of hearing from me ����*♂️

4. Member
    My son had state championship this weekend, lake got rough and just when you need both poles naturally one doesn’t work. Couldn’t fix it on the water this time. Will call PP again this week. It’ll work with top cap off, put it back on and no worky. I really love the poles when they work but they have been so unreliable for us.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    My son had state championship this weekend, lake got rough and just when you need both poles naturally one doesn’t work. Couldn’t fix it on the water this time. Will call PP again this week. It’ll work with top cap off, put it back on and no worky. I really love the poles when they work but they have been so unreliable for us.
    very rare to hear, im sure if you talk to them they will get it sorted out for you.

6. Member
    I hope so K&k as they truly are something I cant see myself fishing without anymore, but the last time I called them the guy got pretty snippy with me and I didnt really appreciate it. Honestly it upset me because my poles were still under warranty, I had done everything to trouble shoot them over the phone with them, including swapping both boards, both pumps, both top caps and you know all of that takes time. When it wouldnt work on the phone he said Im just going to send you a new pump. Long story short, that fixed that pole and it never fails on me anymore. But my other one is constantly in and out, I know its some sort of connection issue inside of it but when I called them they told me there was nothing wrong with my last pump I sent in after spending a good bit of time on the phone with them trouble shooting it. So needless to say I dont know how this weeks call will go and Im sure it will cost me money as they went out of warranty in April. Anyway, not bad mouthing PP in anyway, just putting my experiance out there, so far they have helped me with this but that is why I think they are growing tired of my calls and honestly Im tired of calling. Ive got it to work several times now but if Im in any kind of rough water it goes out on me, and it seems if I hold my mouth right I can get it to work for a week or a day or sometimes and hour but fixing it on the water gets challenging if its rough out with pleasure boaters.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    I hope so K&k as they truly are something I cant see myself fishing without anymore, but the last time I called them the guy got pretty snippy with me and I didnt really appreciate it. Honestly it upset me because my poles were still under warranty, I had done everything to trouble shoot them over the phone with them, including swapping both boards, both pumps, both top caps and you know all of that takes time. When it wouldnt work on the phone he said Im just going to send you a new pump. Long story short, that fixed that pole and it never fails on me anymore. But my other one is constantly in and out, I know its some sort of connection issue inside of it but when I called them they told me there was nothing wrong with my last pump I sent in after spending a good bit of time on the phone with them trouble shooting it. So needless to say I dont know how this weeks call will go and Im sure it will cost me money as they went out of warranty in April. Anyway, not bad mouthing PP in anyway, just putting my experiance out there, so far they have helped me with this but that is why I think they are growing tired of my calls and honestly Im tired of calling. Ive got it to work several times now but if Im in any kind of rough water it goes out on me, and it seems if I hold my mouth right I can get it to work for a week or a day or sometimes and hour but fixing it on the water gets challenging if its rough out with pleasure boaters.
    for sure shouldnt be that way and please save names etc with who you are dealing with at power pole. get back to me, if you do not get anywhere with them and I will see if i can assist.

8. Moderator
    I haven’t had a span of a month where both poles operated like advertised sine purchased new last year. Power pole customer service is great! But geez I am tired of it.