Thread: Croxton proxs

Question Croxton Prop Razor XL

Anyone running a Croxton Razor 4XL prop? Give me the Clint Eastwood version, the good, the bad and the ugly. 21XD 250 Pro XS 250 2stroke.
    Last edited by Leonard Bullet21XD; 06-08-2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Spell issues

2. Member
    I tried a raxor28xl recently. Decent everywhwere, but not great anywhere vs bravo xs or promax

3. Banned
    I asked Mike Lohn (his board rep. here on the BBC) about a Razor 4XL and he said there were better props on the market... I also mentioned it to Mark last time I was in his shop to have my Bravo B&B'd and really didn't answer my question... He did talk glowingly about the Mercury Pro Max prop though... I asked about it here an never really received any positive feedback so I just stayed with the Bravo... Dan

PS... I ran a Croxton Razor 4XL on my Stratos 210 Champion Elite and it had crazy stern lift... Almost frightening...

4. Member
    Leonard if you have a TM 1.75 lower unit, get a 28 Pro Max and you will be happy! Best prop I've ever ran on my 21 XDC 250 Pro XS.

5. Member
    So far I have gotten my fastest speed out of a Pro Max 30 pitch. Right now I am working with Hill Signature Props and Hydrodynamics on a couple of 5 blades. I am not real happy with either and think that I should have considered a slightly lower pitched Pro Max be cause the only thing that was suffering was the hole shot. When I run the prop I did not plug any holes or have a blow out ring and hole shot suffered from blow out right as the bow was lowering. So that may have fixed the hole shot issues if I had simply plugged the vent holes and played with it some. I turned 6250 rpm with the Pro Max and under crappy conditions hit 89.2 mph. It also likes to run high.....I was sitting at about 85 mph and decided to raise the motor a little higher (5.2 on the Bobs Extreme) and it gained me 4 mph in just a couple seconds. The only other prop (for me) that has came close is a 30 Bravo Lab that went 87.4 mph but the hole shot is slow but no blow out even with a full load live wells full and a partner. Not sure if this helps anyone but I believe I will start looking in the Pro Max direction and will have a 5 blade or two to sell. Still waiting on the Hill to get back and bought a 26 Bravo FS just to play with and maybe have it tuned for the boat. I do wish that someone would find the golden egg for these 300R's.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!