Mattawoman (Fishing Report?)

Haven’t been down yet this year. Bringing my young son tomorrow and likely just staying in Mattawoman. How is the fishing at the mouth and back in the 6 mph zone?
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

2. Member
    I have been in there in the last two weeks. High tide they were holding close to wood, low tide close to the pads. Some nice 2 - 4 pounders boated both days.

Thanks, my son and I fished Mattawoman 6mph area above Slavins at high tide and we caught several bass holding on the edges and back into the spatterdock using a Bandit 100 Crankbait and Senko. Moved out near Marsh Island and caught a few more with a Chatterbait. We left Mattawoman and went down to Aquia where we caught several more using Senkos and Shad Shaped Worms. Not a bad day (had better) but any day fishing with my kids is special and worth every minute.

I do not recommend Slavins unless you want to just launch and fish the 6mph area. Kayakers were a PITA. Had to wait to launch and load with them clogging the ramp and not moving. Parking was a challenge as usual.
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax