Question TVA, did I miss something

Went to Watts Bar today with some friends to fish. We had planned to launch at the dam ramp, but to our surprise, the gates to the ramp area were closed and locked. I check the TVA site often for updates and such, which is why we went to the dam area. Below is a screen shot of the announcement announcing the openings back in May and explaining what was still closed. I don't see Watts Bar listed anywhere. We launched elsewhere and had a good day, but still puzzled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    E mailed TVA and got this response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. This area was reopened but we have had significant vandalism at the site which has caused the closure.
    We do not have a reopening date at this time. Please feel free to check back with us at a later time."

Low life scum making life difficult for the rest of us. What else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    E mailed TVA and got this response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. This area was reopened but we have had significant vandalism at the site which has caused the closure.
    We do not have a reopening date at this time. Please feel free to check back with us at a later time."

Low life scum making life difficult for the rest of us. What else is new?
    This is nothing new for that ramp. About 20 years ago I had my truck severely damaged when some idiot that didn't know what he was doing tried to steal it and my trailer. Several others had problems also. A friend had his truck and trailer stolen which left him 45 miles from home with his boat and no trailer or tow vehicle. One of the Chattanooga guys actually brought his tree stand and rifle up there 2 weekend nights and sat in a tree hoping to catch the *******s in the act. Nothing was ever done and the local sheriffs dept could have cared less. I actually quit night fishing there because of the theft.

I don't know about other areas at Watts Bar, but if it is going on at the Dam it is likely going on at other ramps too. Be careful where you park.

4. Member
    That seems to be the case at most areas. I know about 20 years ago I really enjoyed fishing the Cumberland River from the Old Hickory dam to downtown Nashville. Your truck might be the least of your worries at the ramp I used back then these days.

I can't stand thieves. It's a shame they mess things up for the rest of us. Vandals or thieves they are both scum.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins