Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    You think maybe his winch stand needs to be moved forward.
    I had thought about that, but the back of the boat is already flush with the end of the bunks, even with the winch stand in its current position.

I remembered that I still have the 2014 RT188 trailer and it has the same winch stand as yours.
    The measurement from the top of the trailer tongue to the centerline of the roller is 18 1/2.
    The only way to explain the difference in measurement is if you are measuring from the bottom of the frame member, but you said that was not the case.
    BTW: It was almost impossible to load on this trailer and I discovered that I had a weak spring on the right side. The right side of the boat was 2 inches lower than the left. It may be worthwhile to place the trailer on level ground and measure the distance from bottom of transom to the ground on each side.

Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 06-08-2020 at 01:38 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    I wanted to provide a quick follow up on this situation. After numerous calls to Ranger and discussions with the dealer, I was directed to call EZ loader. Mystery solved! When I took delivery of my RT178 last fall, it was paired with a trailer for a RT198. Now I just have to get my dealer moving on getting a replacement from Ranger and the situation should be all set. Thank you to everyone who posted in with suggestions. I appreciate it!

4. Member
    Glad you figured it out and thanks for the update.

5. Member
    Wow. You'd think someone would notice that mistake before the boat got to you! Glad you got it worked out, hope they sort you out quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12