Banned

Minn Kota repair--

Looking somewhere who works on Minn Kota trolling motors who might be able to replace the steering cable in my unit for me in a day. Have googled it and Triangle trolling motor in Raleigh in almost a hour away. Any thought s on them? Use to go to Goldsboro back when Brownie ran his shop and have not been since it changed hands. Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Would love to get it replaced and back on the boat before Tuesday night if possible.

Hey Michael,
    You might give coastline a call, they are still working on trolling motors and the lady there is good. Maybe you can set up something so that they will work on it while you wait. They are having trouble getting parts as the plant has been shut down.
    Take care, John

3. Banned
    10-4. Gonna call 1st thing in the morning. Thanks!

Mark at Triangle is great to deal with ..... not been hearing good things bout coastline in a while.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Banned
    Thanks guys. Took it apart and have a steering cable broken(left side one). Going to try and call around and locate one Monday. That i can go and pick up and put on myself. Looks like it should be simple. Ordered me a set of the cables today online but they may not be here before Wednesday. Got our club tourney Wednesday at the big Chowan river. Fished it Thursday and did hardly nothing. Water was high and a green coat of pollen in the creeks where the wind could not blow it away. Probably should stay home Wednesday and stay cool but we have had to cancel the last 2 tourneys.

I would try Coastline for parts. In most cases Mark doesn’t sell parts he just repairs.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    dwmgg17 don't know how far you are from New London. NC but Burris Marine in New London bought out the MinnKota service center in Kanapolis several years ago. Their address is 40007 Maners Circle off of Old Whitney Rd. This place is located near Baden Lake and they are great folks and work with you in your concerns with any MinnKota product.

Scottie at Rockoutdoors can fix it too. Give them a shout.

9. Banned
    Got my new cables done today and need advice on how much tension to put on the cables before i try it tomorrow. I got it tight enough i can hardly move them. Is that too tight? Thanks..

10. Member
    Triangle in a Raliegh......the best around
    James Clark.. SKEETER...FX20..250 SHO Yamaha, Izorline Pro Staff, Deep Creek Pro Staff,Cpt. Gary Marine Products, Powers Swain Fishing Team, Warriors on the Water Staff

11. Banned
    You could call Coastline Service center is Goldsboro and see if they have it. 919-736-3859.