Managing Other Peoples Money

I invest for the long term so I don't normally worry about the market in the short term unless I'm trying to buy or trim a position. Was thinking about companies and people who have to manage a portfolio or other peoples accounts. Having to quell fears, or have to sel a good position when people redeeml, or have to deal with the day to day calls when things are a bit tough in the market. I don't think I could deal with that. It seems like an impossible job as most people are short term thinkers. Anyone here do this as part of their jobs?

2. Member
    I know a guy that does, but I certainly don't think I could do it. Like you said, the people calling freaking out would annoy me. If I was going to do it for a living, I'd just daytrade.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think I would only manage someone elses money if it was money they could afford to lose. I wouldn't want to deal with someones retirement account who was near retirement, or if it was their only money. You would have to have a high amount of confidence in yourself to handle all the panicking calls during a market down turn.
    Thanos was the hero