H20B with F150 Prop Questions

I've searched around past topics and discussion, read plenty of advise on set up by Seapickle and a post by rbogle with the same setup. Here's my setup and question. I have H20B, 10" jack plate, f150, 4.25" prop to pad. Ready to pull trigger on a new prop. The Trophy Plus 21 has a 4" barrel. Does this smaller diameter allow too much exhaust by, or have any impact on performance? Has anyone run a Tempest with results equal to the Trophy? If so, what size Tempest?

2. Member
    Same motor. H18. I run a 21 tempest plus all vent holes have solid plugs in them.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. Why did you plug the vents? What was before / after results?

4. Member
    Guys on here recommended plugging the vents to start since it is a 4 stroke. Hole shot was good with solid plugs so I left it as is.

5. Member
    i had the same boat and engine , 2014 model . I would think the Bravo prop would be a real winner on that hull.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I have a 21 Tempest I'll be trying out next week. Have read about the Bravo 1 FS. Will have to see how the Tempest does, but the Bravo FS appears to have impressive results