Thread: Suzukli Repower

Suzukli Repower

I have a 2006 stratos 285 proxl. My 2006 yammie 150 vmax is fading and i am thinking of re-powering with a 150 SS 4 stroke SUKE. Anyone bought one of the 2020's yet with new gear ratio ?
    6 Year warranty is enticing and I have a good suke dealer within 2 hour driving range.
    I know with the extra weight it will probably be slower than my vmax but it sure would be nice to a push and button and go. Lately my yammie $500 dollering me to death :)

Title should read Suzuki Re-Power - Fat fingered it
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

2. Member
    If your boat is rated for a higher horsepower motor by all means this is the time to up the HP, I have the same boat. Right now I am sorting out my new NOT SS Suzuki 200. At present it is not as fast as my old 175DF and it's a dog out of the hole. I was not there when they hung it, and it might be a few holes off, I'm going to work with my jackplate to look for a sweet spot, maybe they put it on too high or too low. I need to look over the throttle opening and anything else they did at the dealer before I bitch too much.
    It should be a low dollar maintenance motor, that's why I bought it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    If your boat is rated for a higher horsepower motor by all means this is the time to up the HP, I have the same boat. Right now I am sorting out my new NOT SS Suzuki 200. At present it is not as fast as my old 175DF and it's a dog out of the hole. I was not there when they hung it, and it might be a few holes off, I'm going to work with my jackplate to look for a sweet spot, maybe they put it on too high or too low. I need to look over the throttle opening and anything else they did at the dealer before I bitch too much.
    It should be a low dollar maintenance motor, that's why I bought it.
    I had the same issue at first with my 250SS and found that if I raise the motor when taking off, the hole shot is better, especially if my live wells are full. But now that I have more hours on it, it doesn't seem as bad for whatever reason. Not sure if the motor also needs to loosen up or what.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post
    I have a 2006 stratos 285 proxl. My 2006 yammie 150 vmax is fading and i am thinking of re-powering with a 150 SS 4 stroke SUKE. Anyone bought one of the 2020's yet with new gear ratio ?
    6 Year warranty is enticing and I have a good suke dealer within 2 hour driving range.
    I know with the extra weight it will probably be slower than my vmax but it sure would be nice to a push and button and go. Lately my yammie $500 dollering me to death :)

It's "ZUKE"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    It's "ZUKE"
    It can be anything you want it to be. I say Suzyuki sometimes. For the amount of money I just spent I can call it Queen Midas.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    It can be anything you want it to be. I say Suzyuki sometimes. For the amount of money I just spent I can call it Queen Midas.
    . True that. I think I am gonna wait. That extra 100lbs in motor weight just scares me
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post

That engine uses a timing chain. Awesome engine.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepydan View Post
    That engine uses a timing chain. Awesome engine.
    The Zuke uses a drive shaft chain I am not sure if it uses a cam chain but I think it does.