Diagnostic sofrtware

Has anyone purchased and used the diagnostic software sold on ebay and Amazon for 58.99? If so does it work as advertised, can you identify a bad injector and replace it with this program, read fault codes engine hours, etc
    Thanks
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

2. Member
    I got the 80 dollar version and its missing the program or file that has the codes written on it and the program will not operate without it. Did get sent a link from the seller but I cant figure out how to install onto the original program.
    Im not even close to computer literate.

3. Member
    No, I didn’t dare risk it. Note they are sourced from Countries that don’t recognize any US copyright laws, so they are essentially bootleg. Not saying they won’t work ... but my ‘98 engine is running, so I just avoided it.

I bought an original older hard disk version off eBay, but had to make my own cable. Bought the OMC Deutsch(sp?)?connector for motor side, then since using an old laptop with the serial port, I scavenged an old USB cable and wired 4 wires to a spare 99-cent RS232 connector, then added 1 jumper and it works flawlessly. There are details on the process over on the Continuous Wave.

4. Member
    just got mine monday....it works as far as i know ..i can say that...you hear the fuel pump...you hear the injecter testing..i tripped my water in fuel rods in the filter and it brought it up,,,seen when it was broke in..seen when previous owner had it winterized at what hours.....had a factory under warranty powerhead replacement down with previous owner...it warned me of that first thing...as in the parts might be different