Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First on the water experience with Live Scope

Got a friend tgat is a crappie guide here on Fork. When I came in today today he had his boat beached waiting on customers to get there. We started talking and he mentioned Live Scope. Next thing I know we are in his boat idling to the middle of the cove. He finds a brushpile and drops a tiny jig down to them. The detail and definition clarity wise was insane. I literally watched him target individual fish. You would see them swim up and bite it.

Very few times am I that impressed as I am not a big technology guy but that was impressive.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 06-05-2020 at 02:58 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Got a friend tgat is a crappie guide here on Fork. When I cam in tooad up today he had his boat beached waiting on customers to get there. We started talking and he mentioned Live Scope. Next thing I know we are in his boat idling to the middke of the cove. He finds a brushpile and drops a tiny jig down to them. The detail and definition clarity wise was insane. I literally watched him target individual fish. You would see them swim up and bite it.

Very few times am I that impressed as I am not a big technology guy but that was impressive.
    Dang Mark, you are struggling on that phone
    I’m liking Livescope too

3. Member
    Gamechanger

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    Dang Mark, you are struggling on that phone
    I’m liking Livescope too

New phone, old eyes.

5. Member
    So have you ordered one yet for your boat.

6. Member
    Get one so you can tell us how it works bass fishing wise.

It is very nice...it, the garmins...it's as close to cheating as you can get..couple with the sea clear harness and you got crystal clear side and down imaging and those things are impressive...but they like em alot...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

I doubt I order one. I fish a certain way and just not sure I would get the value out of it.

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I doubt I order one. I fish a certain way and just not sure I would get the value out of it.
    I too fish a certain way, but I whimsically bought a LS while working from home.

In perspective mode, stumps and logs in dirty shallow water are certainly easier to find and fish. You realize quickly if it is a pattern worth pursuing. Also, I am not an avid dropshotter by any stretch, but I have a rig hooked up just in case. My second time out with LS, I found fish holding in much deeper water than my comfort zone. Pulled out the rig and the third drop was a fish. When the bait would fall, I could see the fish not only attack the bait, but I could see fish taking repeated swipes at the weight. I caught about a dozen 15 inch LM before moving. I then went to the mouth of a creek and could see fish all over the LS, but none would take the bait. I switched to a small Keitech swim bait on a lead head and things went haywire. As it turns out, they were big wipers, and they were relentless. They were all 3-5 lbs. Of course, they were not what I was targeting, but the action was too good to pass. I sat on them for about 45 minutes before they called it quits.

I'm curious to see the benefits of LS come fall.

11. Member
    It is a game changer. Totally changed the way I approach fishing. The trick I have found is to watch the fish’s behavior rather than target every fish you see and adjust presentation accordingly. This prevents you from chasing fish that your probably not going to catch. It takes practice and restraint to be used properly. But man is it awesome when you see a fish follow then eat the bait.

12. Member
    Power Poles first, then Ultrex and now live scope. All of them were game changers for me!

13. Member
    There have been hints I may be getting one for Father’s Day! Looking forward to it.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

14. Member
    It's a game changer for highland reservoirs and schooling fish. Everyone knows its magical for laydowns brushpiles standing timber etc, but for open water fish it Is a true game changer. Just pan around looking and because you can see out you get a chance to throw at them before they get under the boat where traditional 2d may show them to late. I watched and caught single fish chasing bait 20 feet under the water and 50 feet out. The one post above is very true you need restraint, you could spend too long looking in awe and coaxing a fish. Once you learn, it really is a deadly weapon for bass fishing, again, for highland reservoirs.

15. Member
    Would Livescope have any benefit shallow water fishing? Bank beating on structure? Cypress trees? Piers?
    2-10 feet of water?

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Would Livescope have any benefit shallow water fishing? Bank beating on structure? Cypress trees? Piers?
    2-10 feet of water?

Don
    My question as well,, If it worked well on dock and cypress trees in 5-10' of water i would seriously consider getting one

17. Member
    Your usable image is roughly 2.5 times your depth. So at 10 feet you can see 25 feet out, or about 1 boat length. It can be effective in 5-10 feet of water, but I like it better in 10 feet plus. I generally use perspective mode under 10 feet.

You will be able to easily locate brush/cover around boat docks.

Most people think you can just plug it up and you are good to go, but there is a learning curve to it. There is a lot of info in the garmin forum.

18. Member
    Livescope for us shallow water tree guys wouldn’t benefit from one to justify the cost. But if you crappie fish it’s a must have item.

19. Member
    Guide I fished with had one going. Very interesting! Watched a smallmouth swim to my bait. Down right impressed I was. May have to bite the bullet this Christmas.

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    2-10 feet of water?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    My question as well,, If it worked well on dock and cypress trees in 5-10' of water i would seriously consider getting one

I had very similar questions so I done a little research. You hear people talk about Livescope having forward view and down view because this is what most common for people to use in water deeper than 10 ft. The shallow water feature of Livescope is called Perspective view. To get this view the transducer has to be mounted different. From what little information I have gathered when you mount the transducer for perspective view you can not see with it in the forward or down view like people use out over open water because of the way the transducer is mounted.

Here is a link that gives information about all three views.... https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/panoptix/

This youtube link show perspective view in shallow water...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast